4130 sheet

Old August 31st 04, 04:24 AM
log

Default 4130 sheet

has the shortage been solved?? I need .090 sheet in 4130!!!

Old August 31st 04, 11:49 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Richard Riley says...

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:24:07 -0400, "log" wrote:

:has the shortage been solved?? I need .090 sheet in 4130!!!
:

I talked to ACS at Oshkosh, they said that they were getting
shippments from a new supplier, and going through the back orders.
Sure enough, last week 2 sq ft. of .100 that had been back ordered
since April showed up. So if it's not solved completely, it's getting
better.

Our supplier tells me that the thicker sizes are starting to show up and the
thinner sizes .040" will be coming along shortly.

Chuck S

Old August 31st 04, 03:22 PM
Paul Lee

I got a 9"x9" piece kicking around here - for postage.

SQ2000 canard: www.abri.com/sq2000

Old August 31st 04, 03:36 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On 31 Aug 2004 07:22:12 -0700, (Paul Lee) wrote:

I got a 9"x9" piece kicking around here - for postage.

That's a big stamp. Does it have a painting of Bessemer on it? :-)

Ron Wanttaja
Old September 1st 04, 01:42 AM
Leon McAtee

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote in message ...
In article , Richard Riley says...

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:24:07 -0400, "log" wrote:

:has the shortage been solved?? I need .090 sheet in 4130!!!
:

I talked to ACS at Oshkosh, they said that they were getting
shippments from a new supplier, and going through the back orders.
Sure enough, last week 2 sq ft. of .100 that had been back ordered
since April showed up. So if it's not solved completely, it's getting
better.

The last batch I got had no Mil stamp, ASTM, or other recoganisable
spec. All it had was "4130". Looks and feels "strange". I assume it
to be 4130A, of some sort, but until I know more about it there will
be no plane parts made from it. AS+S says they will sub 4130A but my
E-mail as to exactly what they shipped fell on deaf ears...........

Know what your buying before you pay. The cost per ft. sq. was very
good - if it is in fact usable.

Our supplier tells me that the thicker sizes are starting to show up and the
thinner sizes .040" will be coming along shortly.

Chuck S

Leon McAtee

Which factory makes/ normalizes 4130 sheet ? Malakka Home Built 2 July 12th 04 02:15 PM
4130 - bad news... Richard Lamb Home Built 28 May 17th 04 04:08 PM
4130 sheet source Leon McAtee Home Built 7 May 2nd 04 08:29 PM
Why 4130 tube? Leon McAtee Home Built 31 March 28th 04 03:04 PM
4130 Chromaloy Sheet Availability c hinds Home Built 1 January 24th 04 04:17 AM