Brass or copper sheet?

Old October 13th 06, 12:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_1_]

Default Brass or copper sheet?

For one of my different hobbies...does anybody have a good source for
brass or copper sheet? I'm thinking something around 0.025" or 0.032"
and two pieces that are about 30" X 30" or so each. Would I need to
take out a second mortgage to obtain pieces like that?

Scott
Old October 13th 06, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Scott wrote:
For one of my different hobbies...does anybody have a good source for
brass or copper sheet? I'm thinking something around 0.025" or 0.032"
and two pieces that are about 30" X 30" or so each. Would I need to
take out a second mortgage to obtain pieces like that?

Scott

McMaster-Carr

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old October 13th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Scott wrote:
For one of my different hobbies...does anybody have a good source for
brass or copper sheet? I'm thinking something around 0.025" or 0.032"
and two pieces that are about 30" X 30" or so each. Would I need to
take out a second mortgage to obtain pieces like that?

http://www.smallparts.com/

They don't list sheets larger than 2' x 2' but may sell them upon
request.

--

FF

Old October 13th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
GeorgeB

First place I'd try for copper is a roofer; they use it for flashing.
I'm not sure about the thickness.

Old October 14th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ken Moffett[_1_]

Scott wrote in
:

For one of my different hobbies...does anybody have a good source for
brass or copper sheet? I'm thinking something around 0.025" or 0.032"
and two pieces that are about 30" X 30" or so each. Would I need to
take out a second mortgage to obtain pieces like that?

Scott

Online Metals http://www.onlinemetals.com/

Ken
Old October 14th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Errol Groff

wrote:

For one of my different hobbies...does anybody have a good source for
brass or copper sheet? I'm thinking something around 0.025" or 0.032"
and two pieces that are about 30" X 30" or so each. Would I need to
take out a second mortgage to obtain pieces like that?

Scott

Try Metal Source in Woburn MA. They handle all non ferrous metals and
deal in small orders. Talk to Ed and I am usre that he will be able
to help you out. Of course they UPS. We ordered 80 feet of .750
diameter 6061 rod stock on Tuesday and had it Wednesday afternoor. Of
course we are only about 90 miles from them.

http://www.metalsource.com/

Errol Groff

Instructor, Manufacturing Technology
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
613 Upper Maple Street
Danielson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society
www.neme-s.org
Old October 14th 06, 01:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_1_]

I'll take a look there...thanks!

Scott

Ken Moffett wrote: