Instrument tubing Y splitter

Old November 25th 19, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soaringjac

Default Instrument tubing Y splitter

Anyone know where I can get one of these things in a Y shape rather than a T?
https://wingsandwheels.com/winter-metal-barb.html
Old November 25th 19, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Search for 3/16” Y

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/pr...l%2 0Products

Old November 25th 19, 06:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, November 24, 2019 at 7:36:44 PM UTC-8, soaringjac wrote:
Anyone know where I can get one of these things in a Y shape rather than a T?
https://wingsandwheels.com/winter-metal-barb.html

McMaster Carr has Y fittings in 316 S.S. and several plastics
https://www.mcmaster.com/barbed-hose-fittings
Old November 25th 19, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Google can sometimes be your friend when they're not collecting
information on you.* First hit.

https://www.fillernecksupply.com/1-8...BoCttkQAvD_BwE

--
Dan, 5J
Old November 25th 19, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, November 25, 2019 at 8:56:42 AM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
Google can sometimes be your friend when they're not collecting
information on you.* First hit.

https://www.fillernecksupply.com/1-8...BoCttkQAvD_BwE

On 11/24/2019 8:36 PM, soaringjac wrote:
Anyone know where I can get one of these things in a Y shape rather than a T?
https://wingsandwheels.com/winter-metal-barb.html

--
Dan, 5J

Thanks Dan. Just was not sure if there was anything specific about the winter ones (like the inner diameter of the fitter). Don't want airflow to get messed with. Seems like any 3/16 barbed splitter will work just fine
Old November 25th 19, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Monday, November 25, 2019 at 9:22:32 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Monday, November 25, 2019 at 8:56:42 AM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
Google can sometimes be your friend when they're not collecting
information on you.* First hit.

https://www.fillernecksupply.com/1-8...BoCttkQAvD_BwE

On 11/24/2019 8:36 PM, soaringjac wrote:
Anyone know where I can get one of these things in a Y shape rather than a T?
https://wingsandwheels.com/winter-metal-barb.html

--
Dan, 5J

Thanks Dan. Just was not sure if there was anything specific about the winter ones (like the inner diameter of the fitter). Don't want airflow to get messed with. Seems like any 3/16 barbed splitter will work just fine

http://www.craggyaero.com/tubing_&_fittings.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old November 25th 19, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Auto parts store like Advance Auto or NAPA or O'Reilly.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...bing+connector
Old November 25th 19, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Ebay has lots of these "Y" (not "T") fittings - most of which have free shipping.

Try this link which is sorted by price and US location.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...c&LH_PrefLoc=1

Old November 26th 19, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Sunday, November 24, 2019 at 7:36:44 PM UTC-8, soaringjac wrote:
...Y shape rather than a T?

These days, soaring instruments primarily measure pressure and rate of pressure change, for which the shape of the connector is pretty much immaterial.

If you are in a flight regime where the instrument tubing has so much flow that the connector shape does matter, you should probably be looking outside, or looking for your parachute D-ring, not at the instruments.

--Bob K.
Old November 26th 19, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

I used the Y fitting to get a better layout in the instrument panel, where T types tended to kink the tubes, before I changed to Silicon vacuum hose which is much better than the clear vinyl tube we usually use. Range of colours is good too, you can have each circuit a different colour. The Y pieces and tube came from auto suppliers on eBay(about $7 per meter). I ended up using 4mm ID as rather 5mm didn’t grip too well, no leaks but too easy to pull off. All works great now and the tubes can be unplugged easily for testing, without having to redo the ends every time.

Instrument tubing soaringjac Soaring 15 August 11th 19 05:46 PM
Source of green donuts for instrument tubing installation? Movses Babayan Soaring 14 April 10th 18 09:45 PM
Relesable instrument tubing [email protected] Soaring 6 February 13th 07 05:38 AM
signal splitter Tri-Pacer Home Built 2 November 5th 05 09:47 PM
source for clear+red instrument tubing John W Soaring 8 November 1st 04 01:19 PM