MXSMANIC - The posts don't add up

Old October 19th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default MXSMANIC - The posts don't add up

Emily writes:

I've flown a full motion 727 sim a few times and did fairly well (this
was before I got my multi). Not within standards by any means, but I
never crashed it.

That's just a video game. If you haven't flown the real thing, you
don't know anything about it.

Old October 19th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Wizard of Draws writes:

How old do you have to be to be considered "older"?

Older than the person making the assertion.

FWIW, I was standing in the corner being punished when Kennedy was shot.

I always wondered who really did it. Seems like a lenient punishment.

Old October 19th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon Woellhaf

Emily wrote
I've flown a full motion 727 sim a few times and did fairly well (this was
before I got my multi). Not within standards by any means, but I never
crashed it.

Do you think that's because of the control force feedback, the motion, or
both?

Old October 19th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

Jon Woellhaf wrote:
Emily wrote
I've flown a full motion 727 sim a few times and did fairly well (this was
before I got my multi). Not within standards by any means, but I never
crashed it.

Do you think that's because of the control force feedback, the motion, or
both?

Not sure that it's the motion...I think feedback is probably what helps.
I thought it might have something to do with me only using a keyboard
to play MSFS, but the FTD at the FBO had actual controls, so who knows.
It might also be a mindset....you know, in a large airline training
sim it's a lot easier to think that you're flying a real airplane.

Of course, I was practicing approaches, so I was ignoring the motion anyway.
Old October 19th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
With some training you could be advanced to burger flipper in a year or two.
Then you'll be rolling in cash.

With a bit of offshoring, you could be in the same position in a year
or two.

I'm already rolling in cash. I'm a registered nurse, remember? We're in very
high demand where I live. But if I ever decide to give up nursing, I'll
remember and treasure your career advice.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old October 19th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
With some training you could be advanced to burger flipper in a year or two.
Then you'll be rolling in cash.

With a bit of offshoring, you could be in the same position in a year
or two.

I'm already rolling in cash. I'm a registered nurse, remember? We're in very
high demand where I live. But if I ever decide to give up nursing, I'll
remember and treasure your career advice.

Rub it in. I've been thinking ever since I graduated that I should have
gotten a nursing degree. Hmm...maybe it's not too late.
Old October 19th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Stadt

"Kev" wrote in message
oups.com...

Andrew Gideon wrote:
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:52:40 -0700, Kev wrote:

I guarantee that your view would change in this case.

That is a losing bet. You're assuming a personality interested in
learning. There's no evidence of that.

Rather, we see evidence of opinions formed with bad information and then
retained despite any contrary evidence. We see valuation of an opinion
formed from nothing but games as equivalent (or superior) to opinions
formed from actual experience.

That describes virtually everyone the 'net, especially when it comes to
say, political arguments. Neither side often gives in and admits a
mistaken belief.

big grin

I think everyone's just frustrated, because they really want him to
understand.

I think the wish is more along the lines of him going away. With his
attitude he will never understand.

Kev

Old October 19th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Mortimer Schnerd, RN writes:

I'm already rolling in cash.

Unless it is in hard physical assets of lasting value, don't depend on
it.

I'm a registered nurse, remember? We're in very
high demand where I live.

For now. But if you are offshored, that may change.

Old October 19th 06, 08:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_3_]

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
Rub it in. I've been thinking ever since I graduated that I should have
gotten a nursing degree. Hmm...maybe it's not too late.

It would depend... How would you look in this?
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1919_31480987

dirty-old-man-grin

Old October 19th 06, 10:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

Grumman-581 wrote:
"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
Rub it in. I've been thinking ever since I graduated that I should have
gotten a nursing degree. Hmm...maybe it's not too late.

It would depend... How would you look in this?
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c..._1919_31480987

dirty-old-man-grin

He. If nurses are only half as perverted as people in aviation, I'd be
in good shape.