Buffet modeling in FS2004

Old September 22nd 03, 06:21 PM
Joseph Brown

Default Buffet modeling in FS2004

It has been suggested over the years, for the sake of realism, that
Microsoft should also model Interior Turbulence in the virtual cockpit of
FS2004. This never happened.

As many suggested, the virtual cockpit should not stay perfectly still all
the time, it should shake and jerk around just a little especially when
hitting turbulence. Also it should be a little shaky when pulling a high G
maneuver, in fact you should be able to tell how many G-s you are pulling
just by looking how badly your instrument panel jerks during a snap turn.

A320 Pilot in Command has a similar feature that they call: "Interior
Turbulance and turning effects" Allowing desktop aviators to watch their
flight panels shudder and shake during turbulence and heavy turns for the
first time. Everything in the pilot's field of view will move in response to
the aircraft's motion, whether in the cockpit or outside the windshield. See
it - feel it - and enjoy the ride.

Other simulators that have such a feature are Air Warrior since 1997!

Flying in turbulence with the present "static" cockipt, is unreal. Since
Microsoft has difficulty implementing this realsim feature, is there any way
to modify the panel configulation file in order to add such effect? I
searched the web (Avsim / Flightsim) for any add-on, to no avail.

Are there any programmers out there that can write such add-on? I'll be the
first one to buy it.

Old September 22nd 03, 10:39 PM
Ellen Geertsema

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:21:11 -0400,
Joseph Brown wrote:

Flying in turbulence with the present "static" cockipt, is unreal. Since
Microsoft has difficulty implementing this realsim feature, is there any way
to modify the panel configulation file in order to add such effect? I
searched the web (Avsim / Flightsim) for any add-on, to no avail.

Are there any programmers out there that can write such add-on? I'll be the
first one to buy it.

You may want to give "Active Camera" a try, at
http://www.anticyclone.be

It might just be what the doctor ordered...

Ellen
--

Ellen Geertsema "All my life I wanted to be someone;
I guess I should have been more specific."

Old September 22nd 03, 11:17 PM
Angus Lepper

I second the motion for active camera, over grass though things can get
interesting in outer view....

Old September 23rd 03, 02:19 AM
Joseph Brown

YAP, this is the one! Thanks for the suggestion!

I never got previously tossed around in the cabin so much. This add-on is
SO cool. I felt the turbulence in a way that I couldn't get enough of flying
in it! Too bad I didn't asked the question when we were flying multi-player
chasing Isabel.... To bad...

I think that Microsoft should buy the rights out of this guy and implement
it in FS2006.

This should be the "add-on" of the year. He's getting my $15 first thing
tomorrow.

Old September 23rd 03, 10:21 PM
Don Parker

Joseph Brown wrote:

Flying in turbulence with the present "static" cockipt, is unreal.
Since Microsoft has difficulty implementing this realsim feature, is
there any way to modify the panel configulation file in order to add
such effect? I searched the web (Avsim / Flightsim) for any
add-on, to no avail.

Are there any programmers out there that can write such add-on?
I'll be the first one to buy it.

You may want to give "Active Camera" a try, at
http://www.anticyclone.be

It might just be what the doctor ordered...

Ellen

OK Doc, looks good to me! Tried the demo and am going to buy. If you have
a m/s intellimouse, be forewarned you'll need to uninstall the m/s software
to get a normal "middle button" function from the scroll wheel switch (I
know, I couldn't believe it either....), which is a much needed function for
active cam... Ain't perfect, but gives some nice versatility!

--
Cheers'n Beers [_])
Don

Bridges in FS2004 Kevin Reilly Simulators 18 October 2nd 03 11:00 PM
FS2004 approaches, ATC etc henri Arsenault Simulators 14 September 27th 03 12:48 PM
FS2004 Damien Booth Simulators 4 September 23rd 03 05:34 AM
Help needed - fs2004 zaps fs2002 props Ian D Simulators 1 September 11th 03 10:20 PM
FS2004 Pauses When Real World Weather Won't Download Andrew Watson Simulators 1 September 8th 03 09:08 AM