Pawnee auxiliary oil cooler STC -- need info.

Old June 24th 19, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RV 6 Driver

Default Pawnee auxiliary oil cooler STC -- need info.

I am working on a Pawnee (PA25-235) that has an old STC (SA300SO) installed on it allowing for a 2nd oil cooler. The STC was added in 1965. The owner of the STC was Memphis Aero Corp and is apparently out of business. I am needing the installation instructions for this. Does anyone within the sound of my voice happen to have it? If so, will you allow me to see copies of it? Thanks in advance.
Old June 24th 19, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 10:40:09 PM UTC-4, RV 6 Driver wrote:
I am working on a Pawnee (PA25-235) that has an old STC (SA300SO) installed on it allowing for a 2nd oil cooler. The STC was added in 1965. The owner of the STC was Memphis Aero Corp and is apparently out of business. I am needing the installation instructions for this. Does anyone within the sound of my voice happen to have it? If so, will you allow me to see copies of it? Thanks in advance.

I will look and see if I can find my info on that STC. My Pawnee has that STC and the unit is installed. The best source of information would be from a guy at Aerial Banners in Ft. Lauderdale. Dan Manera, is the best source of information on the Pawnee in the country. He may have the copies of that STC and send them to you via email. Bob
Old June 24th 19, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RV 6 Driver

On Monday, June 24, 2019 at 7:11:44 AM UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 10:40:09 PM UTC-4, RV 6 Driver wrote:
I am working on a Pawnee (PA25-235) that has an old STC (SA300SO) installed on it allowing for a 2nd oil cooler. The STC was added in 1965. The owner of the STC was Memphis Aero Corp and is apparently out of business. I am needing the installation instructions for this. Does anyone within the sound of my voice happen to have it? If so, will you allow me to see copies of it? Thanks in advance.

I will look and see if I can find my info on that STC. My Pawnee has that STC and the unit is installed. The best source of information would be from a guy at Aerial Banners in Ft. Lauderdale. Dan Manera, is the best source of information on the Pawnee in the country. He may have the copies of that STC and send them to you via email. Bob

Excellent idea. Now that you mention it I remember he helped me with another STC a few years ago. Thanks for the tip! Why didn't I think of that?
Old June 24th 19, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jj

6:30 AM! Somethings wrong.
Old June 25th 19, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RV 6 Driver

[...]

Hi Bob,
I spoke with Dan this morning. He knows a lot about these STC's. Unfortunately thought he does not have access to the installation instructions. Is there any way you could send me a picture of the way you have yours installed?
Thanks
Old June 25th 19, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 10:40:09 PM UTC-4, RV 6 Driver wrote:
I am working on a Pawnee (PA25-235) that has an old STC (SA300SO) installed on it allowing for a 2nd oil cooler. The STC was added in 1965. The owner of the STC was Memphis Aero Corp and is apparently out of business. I am needing the installation instructions for this. Does anyone within the sound of my voice happen to have it? If so, will you allow me to see copies of it? Thanks in advance.

Sure, there are a couple of different cooler installation types, give me a call, 772-453-Nine999
Old June 28th 19, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

You might give Yorkton Air Service http://yorktonaircraft.com/ a shout in Saskatchewan Canada. They do a lot of work with older Pawnees.
Old June 30th 19, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RV 6 Driver

On Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 6:08:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 9:40:09 PM UTC-5, RV 6 Driver wrote:
I am working on a Pawnee (PA25-235) that has an old STC (SA300SO) installed on it allowing for a 2nd oil cooler. The STC was added in 1965. The owner of the STC was Memphis Aero Corp and is apparently out of business. I am needing the installation instructions for this. Does anyone within the sound of my voice happen to have it? If so, will you allow me to see copies of it? Thanks in advance.

You might give Yorkton Air Service http://yorktonaircraft.com/ a shout in Saskatchewan Canada. They do a lot of work with older Pawnees.

Thanks
I'll give them a call Monday,