What have we learned from all this?

Old February 21st 21, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 9:18:33 PM UTC-8, Paul B wrote:
"About 8000 people die every day. In a population of 56 million people (the number vaccinated so
far), primarily over 65 and a large number that have comorbidities, there will be quite a few
that die within a few days or weeks of the vaccination."
Fully agree, however the same logic was not applied to covid-19, I wonder why?

Cheers

Paul
On Sunday, 21 February 2021 at 2:50:15 pm UTC+10, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Gregg Ballou wrote on 2/19/2021 5:30 AM:
The Vaers data is out there for those that care to look beyond the fake news.

"We all know that the rooster crows before the dawn, but we don’t think the rooster makes the
sun come up, simply because they are related in time".

About 8000 people die every day. In a population of 56 million people (the number vaccinated so
far), primarily over 65 and a large number that have comorbidities, there will be quite a few
that die within a few days or weeks of the vaccination.

Don't blame the rooster for the sunrise - get vaccinated so we can continue to argue about
purity and motorgliders :^)

We all pretty much know what the odds are if we catch COVID (not good if you're 65+). Here are the side effects of getting vaccinated (https://www.usnews.com/news/health-n...ons-are-rare):

From mid-December to mid-January, over 13.7 million doses of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were administered across the country. According to the study, just under 7,000 adverse events were reported to vaccine surveillance systems during that time frame, with the majority of events categorized as "non serious" and 640 – less than 10% of the reported adverse events – documented as "serious."

Getting vaccinated was pretty much a no-brainer.

Tom

Old February 21st 21, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Paul B wrote on 2/20/2021 9:18 PM:
[...]

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "logic was not applied to Covid-19". But, Covid caused so
many deaths, it altered the normal death rate enough to be be noticed; ie, "excess deaths",
especially in the retirement and nursing homes in the beginning. People that believe normal
deaths are being misreported as Covid cases are ignoring these excess deaths, and also the fact
that hospitals are being overwhelmed by Covid deaths, not the usual causes.

Old February 21st 21, 01:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rakel

On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 12:52:28 AM UTC-5, 2G wrote:
On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 9:18:33 PM UTC-8, Paul B wrote:

...Getting vaccinated was pretty much a no-brainer.

Tom

I received my second Covid vaccination 3 weeks ago and I am doing fine.

Yes, all vaccinations are not without side effects, but getting Covid-19 is far more deadly than the vaccination.
I will take my chances with the vaccine.

I also took my chances in 1954 when I was one of the first children to get the polio vaccine.

It worked for me.

Old February 21st 21, 01:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

2G wrote on 2/20/2021 9:52 PM:
[...]

From mid-December to mid-January, over 13.7 million doses of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were administered across the country. According to the study, just under 7,000 adverse events were reported to vaccine surveillance systems during that time frame, with the majority of events categorized as "non serious" and 640 – less than 10% of the reported adverse events – documented as "serious."

Getting vaccinated was pretty much a no-brainer.

Tom

Yes, indeed: if "The vaccine is more deadly than cov-aids", there would've been about 140,000
deaths (1%) from the vaccinations, yet there were only a thousand or so deaths after the
vaccinations, and none were attributed to the vaccine.

Old February 21st 21, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Ballou[_2_]

--

Deaths of any cause where cov-aids was possibly present scored as a cov-aids kill. All deaths post vaccination scored as other than a vaccination kill. You guys are disappointing. Sad thing is the vaccine 'might' be useful for health if it reduced fear, solely by the health benefits of not living scared, but the pubic health people say you still need to be afraid after getting jabbed.
Old February 21st 21, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Gregg Ballou wrote on 2/21/2021 10:15 AM:

Yes, indeed: if "The vaccine is more deadly than cov-aids", there would've been about 140,000
deaths (1%) from the vaccinations, yet there were only a thousand or so deaths after the
vaccinations, and none were attributed to the vaccine.
--

Deaths of any cause where cov-aids was possibly present scored as a cov-aids kill. All deaths post vaccination scored as other than a vaccination kill. You guys are disappointing. Sad thing is the vaccine 'might' be useful for health if it reduced fear, solely by the health benefits of not living scared, but the pubic health people say you still need to be afraid after getting jabbed.

You are ignoring the excess deaths and unusually large number of hospitalizations during the
last 12 months. These can not be explained by misreported causes of death. Those of us who take
the CDC recommendations seriously are not living in fear, anymore than glider pilots wearing
parachutes are living in fear: it is a sensible response to a real problem. I hope you will
wear a parachute in the air and a mask on the ground.

Old February 21st 21, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Mocho

President Franklin Delano Roosevelt famously declared, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

How naïve. If he had only realized how fear could be such a useful tool for those in power. Merely by promoting fear, the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights can be tossed in the trash. The precedent has been set so that in the future, the citizenry can be ordered to behave like sheep, with the most sheep-ish recruited to chastise, shame and otherwise finger-wag the rest of us into compliance.

"Independence Day" will now only be referred to as "July 4." However, the anniversary of the date the Government declared an emergency for a virus with a 99.8% SURVIVAL rate will be hereafter "celebrated" as "Dependence Day," with festivities canceled and all citizens ordered to spend 24 hours in a Styrofoam box with CNN or MSNBC on the tube. Failure to observe this "holiday" will result in having your work declared non-essential and your "emergency benefits" curtailed.
Old February 21st 21, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 4:07:46 PM UTC-5, Mark Mocho wrote:
[...]

Well stated!
Old February 22nd 21, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey

On Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 4:53:40 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

As Eric said "You are ignoring the excess deaths and unusually large number of hospitalizations during the
last 12 months. These can not be explained by misreported causes of death. "
We seem to be a very selfish people, looking only at "what is the immediate risk to me personally" and ignoring (or dismissing) the risk to the infrastructure that supports us. Sign
Old February 22nd 21, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey

[...]

7:37 PM (1 minute ago)
As Eric said "You are ignoring the excess deaths and unusually large number of hospitalizations during the
last 12 months. These can not be explained by misreported causes of death. "
We seem to be a very selfish people, looking only at "what is the immediate risk to me personally" and ignoring (or dismissing as not real) the risk to the infrastructure that supports us. Sigh