A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Do Purist Exhibit Higher Testosterone Levels ?

Old April 11th 21, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Ballou[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars

The role of T in life is more complicated than popular cultures masculinity bashing lets on.
'We find that winners of chess tournaments show higher T levels than do losers.'
https://www.jstor.org/stable/2786687?seq=1
The motor/non motor fancy plastic glider divide is not divided enough the real question is: Do 1-26 pilots have the highest tea of all?
Old April 11th 21, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 6:08:16 PM UTC-7, Gregg Ballou wrote:
The role of T in life is more complicated than popular cultures masculinity bashing lets on.
'We find that winners of chess tournaments show higher T levels than do losers.'
The motor/non motor fancy plastic glider divide is not divided enough the real question is: Do 1-26 pilots have the highest tea of all?

We do have at least one example of I'm better than you syndrome for the "purists". I always wondered about the guys that had to brag about how manly they are.
If you are a true purist don't use a motor (foot ,gravity, or shock cord only) to launch or retrieve. If a motor is involved you are no purist. When I spent 20 years foot launching I still had a motor to take me to the spot I could be pure and fly off the hill.
Old April 11th 21, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Ballou[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 10:19:25 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 6:08:16 PM UTC-7, Gregg Ballou wrote:

We do have at least one example of I'm better than you syndrome for the "purists". I always wondered about the guys that had to brag about how manly they are.
If you are a true purist don't use a motor (foot ,gravity, or shock cord only) to launch or retrieve. If a motor is involved you are no purist. When I spent 20 years foot launching I still had a motor to take me to the spot I could be pure and fly off the hill.

Paraglider pilots that don't own a car are the winners?
Old April 11th 21, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 9:08:16 PM UTC-4, Gregg Ballou wrote:

Gregg, I will say that 1-26 pilots in general have higher levels of tea than motorglider drivers. I certainly have strong opinions about motorglider drivers, several are friends of mine and I take shots at them all the time, they even laugh on the radio at Seminole Lakes Motor Glider Club when I call them on the freq and ask if anybody is flying their motorgliders out of Seminole. One guy responded on OLC and told me to get my butt out of that towplane and go fly gliders.