Glider pilot looks for water

Old February 23rd 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider pilot looks for water

One of our friends lives on the first ridge south of our glider port.
I have seen him flying his fixed wing ultralight high over the San
Gabriel mountains amoung really big cumulus clouds. I've wondered
about him.
Yesterday, Feb 22, 07, I saw an article in the AV Press that he was
looking for water...on planets...300 to 900 TRILLION miles from earth!
Carl (Karl) Grillmair is the study leader of the California Institute
of Technology. We always knew our glider pilots were special...WOW!
Fred

Old February 24th 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Not surprised, since we've always had astronauts, authors and actors
walking among us.

~JustAnOrdinaryAverageGuy/2NO

Glider down near Reno - pilot OK James D'Andrea Soaring 61 December 2nd 05 06:39 AM
glider pilot net None Soaring 3 July 28th 05 02:29 AM
We have one glider pilot less iPilot Soaring 0 April 18th 05 06:38 AM
Water, water, everywhere, but none for thirsty wings.... Chris OCallaghan Soaring 0 November 21st 04 03:14 PM
Transporting water to glider Bill Daniels Soaring 21 May 2nd 04 04:52 PM