A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Libelle 301 For Sale - Junior Owner Wanted

Old February 26th 18, 06:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FreeFlight107
external usenet poster

Default Libelle 301 For Sale - Junior Owner Wanted

I also have a Libelle 301 #107 that I'd like to part with as I'm no longer using it.
It's in very good condition, but the gel coat has some blems in from old repairs, etc.
It has Tasman vario, Becker Radio, Terra Transponder, one man rigger, gear warning system. It needs for XC, Flight Computer/moving map, ie Oudie, etc, Ox bottle & regulator, parachute.

Pics & details at W&W http://wingsandwheels.com/classifieds/?m=glider
page 3 on Cancelled Not Renewed section.

Wyll Soll has the right idea, if a group were to buy this Libelle at a greatly reduced price, it would make a good entry to XC for several juniors.

Contact me at wayne at walker dot org or see me at the SSA Conv. at the 1-26 Booth.

I would really like to pass this glider on to someone that would appreciate it as a first XC ship to learn and enjoy.

Wayne
Old February 26th 18, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner
external usenet poster

Hi Wyll,

Unfortunately (or fortunately since it found a good home) this glider was sold last year.

Its good that this thread got bumped, because it reminded me of the tens (or hundreds) of gliders in the US that haven't been out of their trailer in many years.

I'd challenge those of you retiring from soaring to consider doing what I did. Selling at a discount for a 0% note has worked out great for me. Get the parents involved and the checks show up!

Otherwise, if you have a soaring organization that is a 501(c)(3), you can donate the glider for a tax deduction. Anyone interested in doing this that can't find an appraiser I have one willing to do these gratis for such donations, so don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Kevin

On Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 12:58:24 PM UTC-5, Wyll Surf Air wrote:
Hi Kevin my name is Wyll Soll and I am a junior glider pilot out of San Luis Obispo. My guess is that this glider has already moved on to a new owner, but I figured I would post just in case. I am a part of a A gliding club of students at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo ( http://akslo.com ). We fly out of Avenal CA and promote aviation and soaring to young people both at Cal Poly and in the surrounding community. A few other members of the club and I are looking to purchase a glider and this seemed like a very good fit for what you were looking for. Any way if it is still available or if you have a lead on other inexpensive gliders that could be a good option for new up an coming junior pilots let me know. My email is

Thanks
Wyll Soll

Old February 26th 18, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wyll Surf Air
external usenet poster

Thanks Kevin,
No worries that your glider was already sold. Also I forgot to mention it but out Akaflieg is a 501(c)(3) so if someone is interested in making a donation we are definitely interested. Any way thanks for your support and I'm glad the glider went to someone who will use and enjoy it.
Wyll Soll
Old February 26th 18, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall
external usenet poster

On Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 9:58:24 AM UTC-8, Wyll Surf Air wrote:
Hi Kevin my name is Wyll Soll and I am a junior glider pilot out of San Luis Obispo...

You folks should come up to Arnold for a build session.

--Bob K.
Old February 27th 18, 08:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wyll Surf Air
external usenet poster

Hi Bob I'm not sure what you are alluding to. Could you elaborate?
Old February 27th 18, 09:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm
external usenet poster

A build session for a HP24 glider...
Old February 27th 18, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wyll Surf Air
external usenet poster

Oh that sounds interesting. What are the details. When and where is it? I'm sure some of our members would enjoy learning more about how glass sail plans are built.
Old February 27th 18, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 8:15:34 AM UTC-8, Wyll Surf Air wrote:
Oh that sounds interesting. What are the details. When and where is it? I'm sure some of our members would enjoy learning more about how glass sail plans are built.

We only a tiny bit of fiberglass work. Mostly carbon fiber. Regular Akaflieg sessions:

https://hpaircraftblog.wordpress.com/akafliegs/

--Bob K.
Old February 27th 18, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wyll Surf Air
external usenet poster

Oh wow that sounds like an awesome opportunity that many of our members would be interested in. I am very interested to get more information; I just contacted you through the website but you are also welcome to email me at wsoll at calpoly.edu

On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 12:06:55 PM UTC-8, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 8:15:34 AM UTC-8, Wyll Surf Air wrote:

We only a tiny bit of fiberglass work. Mostly carbon fiber. Regular Akaflieg sessions:

https://hpaircraftblog.wordpress.com/akafliegs/

--Bob K.