This News Group

Old June 21st 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default This News Group

On Jun 16, 4:22 pm, "Boomerang" wrote:
I'm surely not the Senior Naval Aviator (remember that? "SNA"?) attending
to this News Group although I may be the among the oldest - first carrier
landing on March 17, 1954 - and I wonder, seriously, if the cross-posters
realize what a disservice (read pain-in-the-ass) they are to those of us who
cherish contact with folks of similar backgrounds and interests Further, I
wonder if they realize that their cross-posts, always, provoke an alienation
to whatever the hell their nutty causes might be, and an annoyance with them
personally for the posts. Monitoring is an attractive option but we're way
beyond that.I just hope that each of us "good-guys" can figure out a way to
co-opt, neutralize and maybe, some day, eliminate all their crap from our
personal sand box and keep this site for those of us who have something to
say to one another about a very important element of their own security -
and their right to sound off, unfortunately.

You set up a PUBLIC forum then whine because you can't use it like a
PRIVATE forum.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Old June 21st 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Bob McKellar[_2_]

"Mike Weeks" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 16, 6:35?pm, "Bob McKellar" wrote:

As far as "Senior" goes I can claim many conversations with Naval Aviator
#
711 (My grandfather).

Any relationship to Earle Preston McKellar, NA#861 (1897-1964)??

MW

No relation that I know of, although I'm sure if you go back far
enough.......

#711 was my mother's father, Charles Robert Rhodes. (I'm Robert Rhodes
McKellar, my oldest son Charles Robert McKellar - lots of recycling.)

I looked up Earl McKellar in my book of the first 2000 NA's. He had a long
career, with a few years of retirement in the middle.

#711 only served a few years for WWI, and was discharged as an Ensign.
That's probably why he was so happy when he saw my lofty Lt.jg stripes!

Bob

#711 was my mother's father, Charles Robert Rhodes. (I'm Robert Rhodes

#711 only served a few years for WWI, and was discharged as an Ensign.
That's probably why he was so happy when he saw my lofty Lt.jg stripes!

Thanks for the follow up. I was indeed wondering if you were aware of
the book "Contact!"

#711 only served a few years for WWI, and was discharged as an Ensign.
That's probably why he was so happy when he saw my lofty Lt.jg stripes!

Thanks for the follow up. I was indeed wondering if you were aware of
the book "Contact!"

Indeed! I inherited it from #711.

I recently cleared out almost all my old aviation crap and sent it to a
museum - but not that book!

Bob