SN-10: A question for Dave

Old September 23rd 03, 03:06 PM
Chris OCallaghan

Default SN-10: A question for Dave

Dave,

I've been pleased with the newest upgrade in the software... I like
the screen options very much. On a related note, will ILEC include an
integrated GPS engine anytime soon? This seems like it would be a
realatively straight forward upgrade of the system and would allow me
to unclutter my panel and simplify my pre- and post-flight maintenance
chores.
Old September 24th 03, 02:40 AM
Rick Fuller

Dave,

I've also been very satified with the SN-10 in our Discus. To take the
optional page idea further; I think it would be beneficial to do a
custom ordering of the pages. I think all us SN-10 users have a
favorite subset of pages we use more than the others. It would minimize
head down time if the more frequently used pages could be ordered to be
up front, right after the custom page. Just a suggestion.

Does ILEC or you have an organized user group?

many thanks,

Rick

Old September 26th 03, 12:18 AM
Dave Nadler \YO\

Thanks for the suggestions (noted).
We don't have an organized user group, just a dis-organized R.A.S...
Best Regards, Dave

Old September 26th 03, 06:55 PM
Chris OCallaghan

Not a solution. My object is to reduce the amount of equipment in my
cockpit, not increase it. Besides, a cheap GPS engine doesn't give me
a certified FR. Better yet would be to hear a few other SN10 owners
say "Yeah, Dave. Talk to the hardware guys about getting a certified
GPS/FR integrated." Then I could secret my Cambridge Nav away and only
pull it out in the event I lose the primary log. No more dueling
databases. And the opportunity to more fully leverage the best
vario/speed to fly computer currently on the market.
Old September 26th 03, 10:15 PM
mm

"Chris OCallaghan" wrote in message
om...
Not a solution. My object is to reduce the amount of equipment in my
cockpit, not increase it. Besides, a cheap GPS engine doesn't give me
a certified FR. Better yet would be to hear a few other SN10 owners
say "Yeah, Dave. Talk to the hardware guys about getting a certified
GPS/FR integrated." Then I could secret my Cambridge Nav away and only
pull it out in the event I lose the primary log. No more dueling
databases. And the opportunity to more fully leverage the best
vario/speed to fly computer currently on the market.

Even with an integrated GPS, you would still need an separate antenna. As a
stand-alone gps engine with integrated antenna (see the Garmin 35 for
example) is only slightly bigger than most antennas, I don't see why "the
amount of equipment in the cockpit" objection would really prevent you from
being very happy with this solution. The story I've heard is that ILEC is
adamant about not getting the SN-10 certified as a recorder.

mm