Person claiming to be a US Navy aviator Vietnam vet

Old January 3rd 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
george

Default Person claiming to be a US Navy aviator Vietnam vet

In a group I frequent we are plagued with some-one who has begun
claiming that he is a 'naval aviator'.
Excerpts from his posts as to his knowledge of the Principles of Flight
and his (Claim1) of military service.
In (Claim2) he backs away from an original 'pilot' claim
and (Claim3) demonstrates that he is woefully ignorant of anything
beyond google searches of kook sites

The claims without spelling or grammatical corrections
.................................................. .................................................. .

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:
Al... has no one informed you that you can't fly a jumbo jet at max
speed
anywhere near the ground? There's a rather large lift vacuum
underneath
that would pull it immediately into the ground.

Claim 1

It's not difficult at all to understand... but having been a Marine
Aviator
during Viet Nam and a pilot in more recent times, I have somehwat of
a grip on the way an aircraft functions and a definite knowledge of the
numbers and types of parts that sinplt do NOT disintegrate.

Claim2

One didn't have to be a military 'pilot' to fly the back seat of an
OV-10a Bronco
on flare missions to be considered an 'aviator'. Never jump to
conclusions...
but since you looked, maybe you could also look up ownership of N-5848A

and it's pilot's logs.

Note: we did and he isn't the registered owner. No big shock there

Claim3

the mere act of takeoff and achieving cruise altitude requires roughly
20%
of whatever fuel load was placed on the aircraft,

http://www.m-a-m-s.com/personal.htm
web site where he has a photo of himself in a uniform with rifle.
Is this uniform consistent with his claims ?

Thanks for any help in this matter

Old January 3rd 07, 01:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Boomerang

Doesn't the last line of the first paragraph say "SGT, USMC"?

Old January 3rd 07, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Greasy Rider[_1_]

On 2 Jan 2007 20:04:12 -0800, "george"
postulated :
In a group I frequent we are plagued with some-one who has begun
claiming that he is a 'naval aviator'.

(snipped)

web site where he has a photo of himself in a uniform with rifle.
Is this uniform consistent with his claims ?

All Marines must qualify with a rifle because all Marines are
basically riflemen.

Thanks for any help in this matter

Why be obsessed with some kook? Kill file his posts or ignore them.
Put on your adult britches and deal with it.

Ride Safe!
Greasy Rider® DOF/SLOB-6
'97 FLHTCI Lehman trike-Stage 0
53 years of motorcyling
(This line intentionally left blank)
Old January 3rd 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
qui si parla Campagnolo

Boomerang wrote:
Doesn't the last line of the first paragraph say "SGT, USMC"?

When I went to El Toro, MCAS on a X/C, about a hundred years
ago(actually in 1974), with my primary instructor in VT-25(Dave
McNally, foto F-4 pilot)., he introduced me to one of the last(last?)
USMC enlisted pilots. Flew 2 hole 'E'A-6Bs..very cool.

Old January 3rd 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
george

Greasy Rider wrote:

On 2 Jan 2007 20:04:12 -0800, "george"
postulated :
In a group I frequent we are plagued with some-one who has begun
claiming that he is a 'naval aviator'.

(snipped)

web site where he has a photo of himself in a uniform with rifle.
Is this uniform consistent with his claims ?

All Marines must qualify with a rifle because all Marines are
basically riflemen.

Thank you for that answer

Thanks for any help in this matter

Why be obsessed with some kook? Kill file his posts or ignore them.
Put on your adult britches and deal with it.

I want to find out just what this persons agenda is.
Claiming to be exmilitary is, as far as I am concerned, an affront to
us who are !

Old January 3rd 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
John[_8_]

On 3 Jan 2007 05:39:15 -0800, "qui si parla Campagnolo"
wrote:

Boomerang wrote:
Doesn't the last line of the first paragraph say "SGT, USMC"?

When I went to El Toro, MCAS on a X/C, about a hundred years
ago(actually in 1974), with my primary instructor in VT-25(Dave
McNally, foto F-4 pilot).,

We've coverd the same ground. I got my wings in VT-24 in AUG74 and
SERGRADed to same. Vaguely remember McNally - I think he and my
primary IP (Jim Collins) co-owned Pinky's bar.

John Alger USN(ret)
1972-1997 // 1310,1320
TA-4J, A-7E, EC-130Q, P-3B
Old January 4th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Diamond Jim

"qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in message
ups.com...

Boomerang wrote:
Doesn't the last line of the first paragraph say "SGT, USMC"?

When I went to El Toro, MCAS on a X/C, about a hundred years
ago(actually in 1974), with my primary instructor in VT-25(Dave
McNally, foto F-4 pilot)., he introduced me to one of the last(last?)
USMC enlisted pilots. Flew 2 hole 'E'A-6Bs..very cool.

Hummmmmm? You sure about that date? The last four Marine Enlisted Pilots
(NAP's) retired at the same time on Feb 1st 1973. The last Navy Enlisted
Pilot (NAP) retired on Jan 31, 1981. The last Coast Guard one retired
sometime in 1979? I believe.

However they may have been a few Marines, former NAP's, that were not on
flight status, or who held commisions the retired after that. But those four
were the last Enlisted Marine Pilots that were flying. If someone wants the
names, I can contact a friend and get them. He has a copy of the ALMAR (All
Marine Message that announced their retirement).

Old January 4th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Mike Weeks

george wrote:
Greasy Rider wrote:

On 2 Jan 2007 20:04:12 -0800, "george"
postulated :
In a group I frequent we are plagued with some-one who has begun
claiming that he is a 'naval aviator'.

(snipped)

web site where he has a photo of himself in a uniform with rifle.
Is this uniform consistent with his claims ?

All Marines must qualify with a rifle because all Marines are
basically riflemen.

Thank you for that answer

Thanks for any help in this matter

Why be obsessed with some kook? Kill file his posts or ignore them.
Put on your adult britches and deal with it.

I want to find out just what this persons agenda is.

Don't think that's really possible in this NG ... g

Claiming to be exmilitary is, as far as I am concerned, an affront to
us who are !

Thought the question was if he had wings, not if he was "exmilitary",
or retired, or whatever ... g

Old January 4th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
george

Mike Weeks wrote:

george wrote:
Greasy Rider wrote:

On 2 Jan 2007 20:04:12 -0800, "george"
postulated :
In a group I frequent we are plagued with some-one who has begun
claiming that he is a 'naval aviator'.

(snipped)

web site where he has a photo of himself in a uniform with rifle.
Is this uniform consistent with his claims ?

All Marines must qualify with a rifle because all Marines are
basically riflemen.

Thank you for that answer

Thanks for any help in this matter

Why be obsessed with some kook? Kill file his posts or ignore them.
Put on your adult britches and deal with it.

I want to find out just what this persons agenda is.

Don't think that's really possible in this NG ... g

:-) One does what one can

Claiming to be exmilitary is, as far as I am concerned, an affront to
us who are !

Thought the question was if he had wings, not if he was "exmilitary",
or retired, or whatever ... g

It would seem that the world of the kook does extend into the realms of
reality

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/p...TORY/612170306

Old January 5th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
qui si parla Campagnolo

wrote:

Boomerang wrote:
Doesn't the last line of the first paragraph say "SGT, USMC"?

When I went to El Toro, MCAS on a X/C, about a hundred years
ago(actually in 1974), with my primary instructor in VT-25(Dave
McNally, foto F-4 pilot).,

We've coverd the same ground. I got my wings in VT-24 in AUG74 and
SERGRADed to same. Vaguely remember McNally - I think he and my
primary IP (Jim Collins) co-owned Pinky's bar.

Sounds like McNally!!!
I got my wings in July, 1974...

John Alger USN(ret)
1972-1997 // 1310,1320