An airplane is a wonderful thing

Old October 14th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Michelle P

Default An airplane is a wonderful thing

One one of my mandatory days off. I did what else.... fly.

Not purely for pleasure but I had some personal business to attend to in
the next state.
No Problem, Spend 8.5 hours in the car driving each way. There is just
no easy way to get from Boise, ID to Missoula, MT on the ground. It is a
beautiful drive, but one I would rather not have to make right now.

or fly 2 hours.

Guess which one I ended up doing?

I left out of Boise at 0900 touched down in Seeley Lake, MT (23S) around
11:15. Very smooth and relaxing flight, nice scenery, good tunes, no
other airplanes in sight.

Had my first appointment of the day, lasted about 2 hours. Hopped back
in the plane and headed out for Missoula, Flew over my property, it is
still there! I landed and parked a Northstar. Nice folks. I had called
ahead for the courtesy car. It was ready and waiting. Next stop. The
bank to open an new account. Small problem. Business paperwork not quite
in order. Oh well I got the money in the bank anyway. Stopped by the
Post Office to see if my box had anything in it. Nope still forwarded.
Had a quick lunch at Famous Dave's, stopped in an visited with the folks
at Habitat. The director has my car. I had to check up on her ;-)

Headed back to the Airport, stopped in a Neptune (P2V-7), said hi, more
of a self marketing call. I want to fly their planes on fires next season.

Paid for my fuel and hopped back into the plane. Took off pointed her
south.... A hour and 45 minutes later. I was touching down in Boise.
The flight back to Boise was just as nice as the flight up, only a
little quicker. Nice tailwind.

I accomplished a lot in short time all because I can fly!

I love flying!

Michelle P
Old October 14th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
.Blueskies.

"Michelle P" wrote in message
ink.net...
: One one of my mandatory days off. I did what else.... fly.
:
:.......:
: I love flying!
:
: Michelle P

Says it all!

Old October 14th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

I accomplished a lot in short time all because I can fly!

I love flying!

Ain't it grand?

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 14th 06, 06:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Blanche Cohen

I used to do pro bono consulting for a small rural church in SE Colorado.
Driving, more than 6 hours round trip. Flying (even having to route
around the hot MOAs) was 2 hours. Add in the extra hour of driving
home/airport, and it was still much faster, less aggravating, and
more fun.

Old October 16th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow

"Michelle P" wrote in message
ink.net...
One one of my mandatory days off. I did what else.... fly.

Not purely for pleasure but I had some personal business to attend to in
the next state.
No Problem, Spend 8.5 hours in the car driving each way. There is just no
easy way to get from Boise, ID to Missoula, MT on the ground. It is a
beautiful drive, but one I would rather not have to make right now.

or fly 2 hours.

Guess which one I ended up doing?

I left out of Boise at 0900 touched down in Seeley Lake, MT (23S) around
11:15. Very smooth and relaxing flight, nice scenery, good tunes, no other
airplanes in sight.

Quite! To go see Grandma in Scottsdale is a nine hour drive through boring
desert from here (Montrose), but by air, it's 2 hours 20.

When I started my business, I spent more than half of my time driving, and
my customers were within 300 miles. Now, my closest project is 300 miles and
it's 1 1/2 to 3 hours.

I accomplished a lot in short time all because I can fly!

Indeed! Try running a wide-spread business by driving or via the airlines.

I love flying!

Michelle P

Old October 17th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

: I accomplished a lot in short time all because I can fly!

: I love flying!

I had a similar experience this past weekend. Severe clear for the eastern
half of the US. I flew from Southwest, VA to Milwaukee, WI on Friday afternoon and
back again Sunday night to see my brother. Driving it's 13 hours each way if the
Chicago traffic doesn't suck. Flying it's 5 in my Cherokee if the wind is calm. Not
even possible for a weekend trip if driving...over 50% of the weekend would be spent
driving!

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA *
* Electrical Engineering *

Old October 20th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
john smith

In article ,
Peter wrote:

Here in the UK, you end up doing your own GPS approaches into grass
runways.... with bases OVC006

We have had a few people try that here in the States the last couple of
years. It doesn't usually end too successfully. One fellow flew directly
into a radio tower in IMC because his GPS placed him offset to the side
of the track he wanted.