Bad Week for Airbus

Old November 25th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
nobody[_2_]

Default Bad Week for Airbus

wrote in message
On Nov 24, 1:15 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
I think a lot
of parents are too stupid to understand this, however.

Maybe, but I think it's just an instinctive reaction to help your kid
first.

It's really a pretty simple concept, but I've never had it explained on an
airline. I don't understand how someone could draw a conclusion that parents
are too 'stupid' to understand. Maybe if it's beyond someone's ability to
understand, they would project that 'stupidity' on anyone else who doesn't
understand, whether or not it's ever been explained.

Old November 25th 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil

On Nov 24, 6:02 pm, "nobody" wrote:
wrote in message

On Nov 24, 1:15 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
I think a lot
of parents are too stupid to understand this, however.

Maybe, but I think it's just an instinctive reaction to help your kid
first.

It's really a pretty simple concept, but I've never had it explained on an
airline. I don't understand how someone could draw a conclusion that parents
are too 'stupid' to understand. Maybe if it's beyond someone's ability to
understand, they would project that 'stupidity' on anyone else who doesn't
understand, whether or not it's ever been explained.

Actually the flight attendant says it in every pre-flight emergency
briefing. You are right that it is a simple concept, and I don't know
anyone who is too stupid to understand it. Based on his posts, I
think Mxsmanic has a desperate need to try to make himself feel
superior. He just doesn't realize just how transparent it is. As you
implied, his comments say a lot more about him than anything else.
Old November 25th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

"BB" == Bertie the Bunyip writes:

BB An explosive decompression can do a lot of damage to the
BB body. Sinuses, ears lungs..

"Explosive decompression (ED) refers to a sudden marked drop in the
pressure of a system that occurs in less than 0.1 seconds, associated
with explosive violence. Generally it results from some sort of
material fatigue or engineering failure, causing a contained system to
suddenly vent into the external atmosphere."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explosive_decompression

Not a chance the Airbus experienced *explosive* decompression.

--
The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of
liberty is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the
Old November 25th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Phil wrote in
:

Actually the flight attendant says it in every pre-flight emergency
briefing. You are right that it is a simple concept, and I don't know
anyone who is too stupid to understand it. Based on his posts, I

It is explained on every pre-flight briefing, but I don't think it's because
they think people are too stupid to understand it. Just that there may be
people on board who don't fly frequently enough to remember it if there were
to be an actual emergency.

Now SEATBELTS they explain because they think people are stupid...
Old November 25th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

nobody writes:

It's really a pretty simple concept, but I've never had it explained on an
airline. I don't understand how someone could draw a conclusion that parents
are too 'stupid' to understand.

If they aren't stupid, they'll figure out for themselves why they should put
on their own masks first.
Old November 25th 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Phil writes:

Actually the flight attendant says it in every pre-flight emergency
briefing. You are right that it is a simple concept, and I don't know
anyone who is too stupid to understand it.

Then why do flight attendants point it out on every flight?
Old November 25th 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Phil writes:

Amazing. I never would have guessed that you could get a spinal
injury from the decompression itself.

Bubbles in the CNS after sudden decompression can cause serious neurological
symptoms and persistent sequelae, but it's a very rare complication.
Old November 25th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Phil wrote in
:

On top of last week's A340 incident, now an A330 experienced a sudden
depressurization on a shakedown flight. Among the injuries to

What exactly is a shakedown flight? Is that when a bunch of guys in white
suits with crooked noses make sure they get their vig of the flight time?
Old November 25th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil

On Nov 24, 9:01 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Phil writes:
Actually the flight attendant says it in every pre-flight emergency
briefing. You are right that it is a simple concept, and I don't know
anyone who is too stupid to understand it.

Then why do flight attendants point it out on every flight?

Ever heard of lawyers?

airbus - Latest Plane From Airbus.jpg [email protected] Aviation Photos 14 June 26th 07 09:41 AM
Which is easier: Boeing to Airbus, or Airbus to Boeing? Mxsmanic Piloting 9 February 21st 07 01:58 AM
What a week.. Capt.Doug Piloting 11 February 20th 07 03:25 AM
No NYC Fleet Week TFR? Marco Leon Piloting 8 June 1st 06 10:59 PM
This week DHeitm8612 General Aviation 0 January 21st 05 01:19 AM