First 2 1/2 hours PPL(H) today!

Old September 17th 05, 02:23 AM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:20:23 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
wrote:

As I see it, the main problem is similar to 'You say tomahto, and I say
tomayto.'
In the UK we see an enormous amount of US media, films, TV, soaps etc. Our
TV is almost overpowered by it, and we soon get to know American slang,
even
if we don't always use it.
On the other hand, the US only screens a very small percentage of UK
films
and TV and so our contemporary slang is thus less familiar.

We know what a geek and a dork is, but we call them anoraks. ******** is
not
good, but 'The dog's ********' is excellent !

I reckon the Freeflow Bermuda Scenery is the dog's ********!

Those 2 I know.. But what exactly is a "bollock"?

A bollock is one of those two lumps hanging in a sac about 14 inches from
the end of a dick. I though everyone knew that

Now if we Yanks could get you Redcoats to stop putting that bloody "U"
in color...

And if only we Brits could get you Yanks to put a ****ing "S" at the end of
"Math", to give it's CORRECT diminution of the word "MathematicS" :-))
Humour me Kev:-))

--
Beav

Reply to "beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com" (with the obvious
changes)

Old September 17th 05, 02:23 AM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 03:15:57 GMT, Shiver
wrote:

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

WTF is train spotting???

Kevin.... I'm shocked

I'm not surprised.

train spotting - standing by train tracks looking at trains

Sounds like fun... (uh huh)

plane spotting - hanging around airports looking at planes

Do airshows count? I can't recall ever having just hung out at the
airport looking at planes...

girl spotting - hanging around anywhere looking at chicks

Pretty much every day.. I'm a guy.. hello???

cop spotting - what drug dealers do when they are standing around

so.. would spot spotting be looking at dogs named Spot? hehehe

Nah, that'd be "zit" spotting.

Old September 17th 05, 11:41 AM
Simon Robbins

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
Now the plane sits and gets washed every other weekend by the
line handlers.. He hasn't flown in almost a year.. What a waste of
an aircraft..

Sounds like my motorcycle. It needs about a grand spending on it.: major
service, set of sticky tyres, new chain and sprockets, plus road tax (like
the US license sticker but a good deal more expensive, naturally). Of
course at the moment I measure everything from essential vehicle maintenance
to chocolate bars in terms of fractions of flying hour costs, so it's just
sitting there unloved, but shiny.

Si

Old September 17th 05, 02:24 PM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:20:28 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

Ahhh, well there you go. Train spotting is an art, only to be undertaken
whilst wearing an anorack and carrying a thermos flask and a plastic
Tupperware box full of cheese sandwiches. And a pickled onion.

This just REEKS of personal experience..

Are you kidding? I was an absessive train spotter when I was a kid. I lived
close by a MASSIVE siding, complete with all the maintenance sheds. (This
was in the steam days too) A day at the sheds was better than a day at
Disneyland for a train lover. All the building were destroyed when I was a
kid though, along with most of the local stations so it was a very short
obsession. Things don't get much better than riding on the footplate of "The
Royal Scotsman" when you're a steam driven kid.

It requires GREAT skill and fortitude as it entails spending endless hours
standing (real train spotters never SIT) at the side of a well travelled
railway track (or better still, at a train siding (depot to you blokes),
taking note of the locomotive's number as it rumbles, speeds or slitheres
by. This number is then checked against the numbers in the Train Spotter
Reference Book, where once found, the number is actually UNDERLINED in the
book. This can then be used to demonstrate to other train spotters that
you
spotted NUMBER 432186. That can be worth at least 2 pints down the boozer.
good train spoter will have at least 50 books all underlined in neat
script:-)

I think I'd rather visit the dentist...

These days, me too and I'm **** scared of them.

They are NOT obsessed:-)))

Oh, not at all..

It's more a way of life)

"Dork" just doesn't cut it Kev. Sory, but anyone using a speed dialer is
FAR
FAR beyond the Dork stage:-)

Yeah, well I'm a dork with a pilot's license then. hehehe

Yeah, but have you got your pencils in a row? :-)

Old September 17th 05, 02:36 PM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:13:51 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

It's "The ********" when it's good. Something that's "********" on it's
own
is bad, but something that's "THE ********" or "the dog's ********" is
good.
A LOAD of bollcks is te same a "it's bull****".

So ********, is like the hip gangsta wannabes of the 80s using "bad"
to be good or (get this!) bad...

Yeah, like something that's "hot" is "cool", something that's "good" is
"bad" and it's even gooder when it's BAD. Man:-). You learned all that
reverse crap from us y'know.

Here endeth the first English lesson, which was actually the dogs goolies
of
a lesson, even if I do say so myself:-)

I'm glad someone does.. hehe

The "Dwayne Dibbly" look. "Dwayne" is the Duke or Dork and stars in the
occasional episode of "Red Dwarf". His anorack is to DIE for, as are his
teeth. (You need to be a fan of course)

I haven't had the pelasure of watch and episode myself. I
occasionally see it "airing" on my cable system's BBC channel, but
never stop to check it out.

I believe there's a Yank version now, but it WON'T be anytihng like the
original. I mean how can you Yanks get your heads round a cast of characters
that consist of "Dave Lister", a toilet cleaner who eats chicken vindaloo
from an old sock and thinks he's a guitar god, "Arnold Rimmer" a vending
machine "tech" that doesn't know his arse from his elbow, but thinks he's
gods gift to quantum mechanics (he's also a hologram as he died in an
radiation leak he caused) and he can't touch anything or BE touched). The
other characters are "Kryton" a series 4000 'roid with the wisdom of the
universe programmed into him and "The Cat", who's a cat at the end of 3
million years of evolution in Red Dwarf's hold (Red Dwarf's the name of the
spaceship), and occasionally "Holly", the on-bard computer with an IQ of
6000. (Actually it's 6, but that's by the by:-)

It's THE cult TV show to watch and it's VERY cleverly written, as there's a
lot going on that requires a fairly open mind.

I do stop for the occasional Benny Hill
or Kenny Everet show tho.

Oh please. If Benny Hill's face appeared on my TV, the next thing to appear
on it would be a steel toe-capped boot thrwon with every ounce of strength I
could muster.

The term's used
to describe someone who's obsessive about their subject, (often one that
bores everyone else within range, like train spotting.) It's most
commonly
used in jest, to imply someone just knows that little too much. Someone
who
spends all day on their computer (and waffles to anyone who'll listen
about
Linux, or memorises aircraft specifications, or football statistics
could
all be called Anoraks.

Indeed they could (a-)

I have a neighbor like that (Except the football part. I doubt he
knows what a football looks like...)

I doubt I would either. I believe I saw one once at school, but that was as
I was ducking out of the lesson for a ciggie. Once seen, never kicked.

Old September 18th 05, 01:00 AM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message news
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:23:11 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

A bollock is one of those two lumps hanging in a sac about 14 inches from
the end of a dick. I though everyone knew that

I think you're exagerating now...

And if only we Brits could get you Yanks to put a ****ing "S" at the end
of
"Math", to give it's CORRECT diminution of the word "MathematicS" :-))
Humour me Kev:-))

Is a ****ing S kinda like a metric S in that it's slightly more
important than an imperial S?

You can use any, so long as you use one of them )

And it's Aluminium too:-))))

Old September 18th 05, 01:05 AM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 14:24:20 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

Are you kidding? I was an absessive train spotter when I was a kid. I
lived
close by a MASSIVE siding, complete with all the maintenance sheds. (This
was in the steam days too) A day at the sheds was better than a day at
Disneyland for a train lover. All the building were destroyed when I was a
kid though, along with most of the local stations so it was a very short
obsession. Things don't get much better than riding on the footplate of
"The
Royal Scotsman" when you're a steam driven kid.

What an anorak... hehehe

Donkey jackets back then. (we're talking 45 years ago)

I think I'd rather visit the dentist...

These days, me too and I'm **** scared of them.

I don't care for the dentist in general, but my dentist is rather cute
and well endowed so it's not all bad.

I have a well blessed dentist in Sweden, and a very nice dental assistant
over here, but the Brit dentist's a bloke. Nice enough guy though and he's
helped me with this dentist phobia thing. He still nows better than come
anywhere NEAR me with a needle in his hand though.

It's more a way of life)

I'll take your word for it.

More correctly, it WAS.

"Dork" just doesn't cut it Kev. Sory, but anyone using a speed dialer is
FAR
FAR beyond the Dork stage:-)

Yeah, well I'm a dork with a pilot's license then. hehehe

Yeah, but have you got your pencils in a row? :-)

haha, if you saw my desk here at home (or at work) you'd wonder why
you ever asked that... This place is a ****-hole - BUT - I know where
everything is...

Just like my brother. Not like me. I'm a little on the obsessive side when
it comes to things being in their rightful place and having things cleaner
than they were when new:-)

Old September 18th 05, 01:12 AM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 14:36:20 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

Yeah, like something that's "hot" is "cool", something that's "good" is
"bad" and it's even gooder when it's BAD. Man:-). You learned all that
reverse crap from us y'know.

It's too bad we didn't learn how to spell properly as well. heehh

It's a forlorn hpe that things'll change too:-))

[...]

Sounds a bit like Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy".

Better, but with a similar snese of the ridiculous. One TV prog from the
states WAS (what appeared to be) a half arsed attempt at Red Dwarf, but it
didn't work too well. That was "Lexx" with that lip enhanced tart who's name
escapes me. She was a sex slave in the program.

Loved the books,
the movie sucked rocks.

I heard that, but I never saw it. I believe it's on one of the movie
channels this month, so I'll look out for it and see if it's as bad as
reports say it is.

It's THE cult TV show to watch and it's VERY cleverly written, as there's
lot going on that requires a fairly open mind.

Well, I don't watch a lot of television and those few shows I do watch
are usually documentaries or other such "educational" shows. (he one
on building a bridge across the Bering Strait was pretty cool)

I'm a bit of an anorak when it comes to those shows too. Massive Engines,
Mega Structures, etc. Disovery Wings ain't too bad either when something new
airs.

I do stop for the occasional Benny Hill
or Kenny Everet show tho.

Oh please. If Benny Hill's face appeared on my TV, the next thing to
appear
on it would be a steel toe-capped boot thrwon with every ounce of strength
could muster.

Most sane people would just change the channel.. hehehe

Not enough violence involved doing that. I can't beleive his shows still go
out on air y'know. He was Ok(ish) "back then", but slapstick comedy died a
well deserved death over here, thank ****.

I have a neighbor like that (Except the football part. I doubt he
knows what a football looks like...)

I doubt I would either. I believe I saw one once at school, but that was
as
I was ducking out of the lesson for a ciggie. Once seen, never kicked.

I know quite a few dogs like that.. Those little yappie kind that
just NEED a boot planted in their ass...

At least I don't have to dress up in wimmins tights and wear a **** load of
protective gear. Oops, as you were, I'm bike rider:-))

Old September 18th 05, 01:17 AM
Beav

"Simon Robbins" wrote in message
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
Now the plane sits and gets washed every other weekend by the
line handlers.. He hasn't flown in almost a year.. What a waste of
an aircraft..

Sounds like my motorcycle. It needs about a grand spending on it.: major
service, set of sticky tyres, new chain and sprockets, plus road tax (like
the US license sticker but a good deal more expensive, naturally).

Isn't it just! (Don't mention gas prices Si, I couldn't handle another
thread on that subject:-)

I just put new tyres on my Zed 1000. Conti Race Attack's they are, and
they're sticky as buggery. I'm off to a meeting tomorrow which'll give me a
chance to give 'em a good scrubbing in.

Of
course at the moment I measure everything from essential vehicle
maintenance
to chocolate bars in terms of fractions of flying hour costs, so it's just
sitting there unloved, but shiny.

Mine's siting in the garage panting in anticipation of the ru out tomorrow.
Well it COULD be panting from the caning it got today, I'm not exactly sure.
The Zed is a superb bike for hooning around on and it's bloody addictive
too.

Old September 18th 05, 11:18 AM
Simon Robbins

"Beav" wrote in message
Mine's siting in the garage panting in anticipation of the ru out

tomorrow.
Well it COULD be panting from the caning it got today, I'm not exactly

sure.
The Zed is a superb bike for hooning around on and it's bloody addictive
too.

Yeah, a couple of mates of mine had classic Z1000s. I can appreciate the
classic beauty of the design, but I'm more of a rocket boy myself. Mine's a
Ducati 748 with 853 big-bore and top-end blueprint. (Hence the
ultra-expemsive service I can no longer afford to pay for!)

Si