Local Amoco now blending ethanol

Old February 20th 04, 06:07 PM
Ben Smith

Default Local Amoco now blending ethanol

At the Amoco station where I always fill up my cars, I noticed they now have
a sticker on the pump that says 'Contains 10% Ethanol'.. I haven't started
hauling autogas for my plane yet, but this was one of the stations I was
going to use. Bummer!

I thought that Amoco wasn't going to blend their fuels, as long as they
could help it.

--
Ben
C-172 - N13258 @ 87Y

Old February 20th 04, 07:28 PM
Jay Honeck

Amoco (actually BP nowadays) around here has always had "Super Regular"
(with Ethanol) and "Regular" (no Ethanol).

These are separate from their "Premium" which is high octane, no ethanol.

We use "Regular" in Atlas.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 21st 04, 02:20 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Ben Smith wrote:

I thought that Amoco wasn't going to blend their fuels, as long as they
could help it.

That was before BP bought them.

George Patterson
A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that
you look forward to the trip.
Old April 1st 04, 04:42 AM
jsmith

BP bought AMOCO a few years back. BP has been blending for many years.

Vingo Optomalicious wrote:

In article ,
"Ben Smith" wrote:

At the Amoco station where I always fill up my cars, I noticed they now have
a sticker on the pump that says 'Contains 10% Ethanol'.. I haven't started
hauling autogas for my plane yet, but this was one of the stations I was
going to use. Bummer!

I thought that Amoco wasn't going to blend their fuels, as long as they
could help it.

Could be worse, you could be in California where ALL the autogas has
ethanol. Mother****ers.

Old April 1st 04, 01:12 PM
Dennis O'Connor

That's interesting... I have used BP for years from a station that had a
sign saying no alcohol in their gas... I frequently asked the gas station
attendant for the current delivery analysis sheet... Never, was there any
alcohol listed on the actual lab analysis, nor did I ever find any when
doing the shake test...
denny

"jsmith" wrote in message ...
BP bought AMOCO a few years back. BP has been blending for many years.

Old April 1st 04, 04:37 PM
jsmith

IIRC... Back in the late 80's/early 90's, some BMW owners filed a class
action law suit in Ohio, alleging (sic) fuel system problems created by
BP's use of ethanol. This led to Ohio law being revised to require
labeling on the pumps for any fuels containing ethanol and some
tightening of following of the ASTM (?) standards. Local, state laws
impose different requirements on fuel standards.