Of interest to sailor / pilots

Old August 13th 04, 12:28 PM
Roger Long

Default Of interest to sailor / pilots

I just had the strange experience of reading two books that discuss events I
was professionally involved with. I never thought I would see a book, let
alone two, in which I had my own index entry with several pages listed.

If you like good sea stories, you might enjoy these books which discuss the
loss of five sail training ships. The way the human factors of these
maritime accidents relate to the technical causes is interesting to compare
with aviation accidents.

The first book is "Tall Ships Down" by Dan Parrott and discusses all five
accidents, three of which I was involved with in the post accident
investigations.

The second is "Pride of the Sea" by Tom Waldron which discusses the well
known "Pride of Baltimore" sinking. It's a better read.

Both books missed 90% of the really good and juicy stuff that I tried to
steer the authors towards when they interviewed me. Someday, I guess I'll
have to write my own.

--

Roger Long

OK not homebuilt but maybe of interest QDurham Home Built 0 September 4th 04 05:54 PM
A link of interest Tony Military Aviation 1 January 25th 04 02:12 AM
Items of interest on Ebay Burke Home Built 0 January 21st 04 08:09 AM
Of interest Dave Piloting 0 January 3rd 04 11:51 PM
For the Group's General Interest Bernie the Bunion Home Built 1 August 22nd 03 09:09 AM