Airport vehicle/training simulation

Old December 8th 04, 03:29 AM
PTT

Default Airport vehicle/training simulation

I'm fishing for ideas.
I want to make a low cost multiple display airport vehicle simulator to
drive around an airport.
Good scenery and visual presentation are more important than vehicle
dynamics.
My first thought is to get a sim like STI vehicle simulator and build or
have them build my airport. I haven't cost that out yet. (great vehicle
dynamics but I may have to build an airport from scratch).
Another thought is to use an off the shelf flight simulator with good
scenery and well developed 1st and 3rd party tools to build and tweak the
airport scenery. This assumes the sim. permits adjustment of aircraft
dynamics/constants so it drives somehwat like a small or big truck on the
ground.
Does any simulator jump out as a better choice for a task like this?
On my list to try are MSFS, Xplane and I just dloaded Flightgear.

Cheers,
Drew

Old December 8th 04, 10:21 PM
Les

Perhaps you might like to try Microsoft Flight Sim 2002 which although
a flight simulator does have several vehicles avaliable for download
including some lorries (trucks) , cars and a Harley Davidson
Motorcycle! (seriously) . With these you can drive around any airport
in the FS "universe"

Old December 9th 04, 01:00 AM
Drew Kendra

Les,
You have piqued my interest. I got to see the Harley.
I'm currently poking around shareware and freeware sites and yet to find
the products.
Can you please give me a pointer.
Thanks,
Drew