Small plane noise is destroying my life

Old November 19th 04, 11:10 PM
Robert Morien

Default Small plane noise is destroying my life

Was that you waving the other day?

In article ,
wrote:

I live in Newark (south-east side of San Francisco Bay), and small
plane noise is driving me crazy. All day long, especially on the
weekends, small private planes are buzzing above Newark.

Newark used to be a quiet town, but within the last year, the airspace
above it has became the training ground for flight schools and private
pilots.

These recreational flyers can only practice their hobby if they have
someone else's land to fly over. They leave Palo Alto and/or San
Carlos airport and head east. They wouldn't think of causing noise
pollution over their ritzy pennsula area.

They are not simply navigating from point A to point B. They have
navigated to our back yards and are now loitering above us that serves
no purpose other than to please the pilots and to enrich those who
rented or sold them the airplane.

When one aircraft departs the area, within minutes another takes its
place. It is not uncommon for this activity to take place from sunup
to sundown. This constant flying in one place creates unreasonable,
unbearable and unhealthy noise to those on the ground, and constitutes
an unwanted and ungranted easement over private property to the pilots
and to their related business interests.

I can not enjoy my life anymore. I can't go outside during the day
without hearing this buzzing, droneing noise from the planes. Inside
it isn't much better, as the plane noise overrides my TV or stereo.

These aircraft perform no useful function and can make no
claim to even the remotest socially redeeming value that might justify
destruction of peoples lives.

My life has been destroyed.

Old November 28th 04, 05:30 PM
RobbelothE

Subject: Small plane noise is destroying my life
Date: 11/19/2004 12:38 PM Central Standard Time
[...]

Sell your house and bring your $750,000 to Florida. We have LOTS of houses for
sale. Cheap too!!! Many are waterfront or with good views of the ocean or
Intracoastal Waterway. Homes with walls and roofs are slightly higher. Boats
are also very cheap right now. E-mail me for details! ;-)

Ed
No matter how high or great the throne,
What sits on it
T'is the same as your own.
Old December 1st 04, 07:48 AM
Bud Beacham

"Bill 2" wrote in message

"John A. Weeks III" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:

These aircraft perform no useful function and can make no
claim to even the remotest socially redeeming value that might justify
destruction of peoples lives.

Remember, it was a home-built plane that invented aviation in the
first place, and a home-built plane that carried our most recent
astronauts into space. General aviation is where most of our true
aeronautical advances are coming from.

Remember that most general aviation aircraft were built in the 70s using
technology from the 40s-50s, and their antique engines are burning leaded
gasoline.

Aviation fuel, 100LL, contains 2 grams of lead per gallon. Approximately
75% of this lead is emitted in the exhaust as lead particulates.

EPA Data:

Avgas 100LL contains about 2 grams of lead per gallon, and is typically the
most commonly used aviation gasoline"

"However, alkyl-lead compounds combine with other compounds during the
combustion process to form lead halides (e.g., PbBrCl, 2PbBrClCNH4Cl, etc.)
that are subsequently emitted as microparticulates in exhaust."

"Additionally, through the combustion process, alkyl-lead in gasoline is
converted to lead halides and exhausted into the air where it can be
inhaled. These lead halides create the potential for exposure to lead
through ingestion of soil or dust containing lead, and ingestion of
lead-contaminated food or water."
http://www.epa.gov/pbt/pubs/Alkyl_le...plan_final.pdf

"Lead poisoning can result from the ingestion or inhalation of inorganic
lead compounds emitted as exhaust through the combustion process (as a
direct result of the use of alkyl-lead in gasoline)."
http://www.epa.gov/pbt/alkyl.htm

However, as gasoline containing alkyl-lead is still currently being used as
fuel (particularly for race cars and airplanes), certain subpopulations may
remain at risk. Lead particles can remain airborne for some time following
the initial introduction into the atmosphere. Therefore, residents in the
vicinity of race tracks and general aviation airports where leaded gasoline
is still being used as fuel may have an increased risk of lead exposure."
http://www.epa.gov/pbt/pubs/Alkyl_le...plan_final.pdf

....However, the Agency is concerned about any sub-populations that may
remain at risk, for example, individuals exposed at racetracks or general
aviation airports. The Agency also recognizes that these remaining risks
should not be taken lightly. EPA does not have the authority under the Clean
Air Act to regulate the use of leaded gasoline for the racing industry, and
the authority to regulate aircraft fuel lies with the Federal Aviation
Administration.
http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-AIR/...-23/a18588.htm

Old December 1st 04, 05:01 PM
Orval Fairbairn

wrote:

[...]

Bud has been grasping at straws for years to denigrate general aviation.
This latest posting is just one of a series of scares that he has
posted. His arguments sound convincing but are really disingenuous.

Truth is: the lead exposure from GA operations is less than 3% of the
lead exposure due to the old, leaded, car gas that has been phased out.
You probably get more lead from drinking water than from GA aircraft.