Real certificates!

Old August 5th 03, 01:46 AM
Peter Gottlieb

I requested a certificate without my social security number and the one they
sent had a new date on it. Now when I go to rent a plane I am asked if I
just recently passed my checkride.

"Cecil E. Chapman" wrote in message
. com...
The original date of issue cannot be placed on a replacement certificate.
Expired certificates cannot be issued; however, an expired CFI letter can

be
requested at no charge.

Not a BIG deal,,, but I would kind of like having the original date on

it...
But then again, when I eventually get my instrument rating they will
probably issue a new certificate with the date that I upgraded the
certificate... right????

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

My personal adventures as a student pilot
and after my PPL: www.bayareapilot.com
"Hilton" wrote in message
nk.net...
"The new credit card-sized certificates are made from high-quality

composite
PVC media card stock and incorporate new security features, such as a
hologram of the FAA seal. They will replace the existing paper airman
certificates which can be easily damaged."

http://www2.faa.gov/index.cfm/apa/1062?id=1762

Old August 5th 03, 01:58 AM
BTIZ

so tell them no.. it's a re-issue to clear the SSAN and offer your logbook
if they request it.,

BT

. net...

Old August 5th 03, 05:29 AM
Hilton

Cecil wrote:
Hilton wrote:
"The new credit card-sized certificates are made from high-quality

composite
PVC media card stock and incorporate new security features, such as a
hologram of the FAA seal. --

Whoo Hoo!!! Sure glad about that,,, now they don't have to worry about
someone counterfeiting the FAA seal.... (was this really a problem?) :-/

Are you going to order a replacement? I might if I knew that you were!

:-)

Actually I sent in my $2 a few days *before* learning about the new format.
I'll still have the old Commercial and Ground Instructor ones though. I'm
going to try 'earn' a new Commercial certificate sometime soon I hope. You
can have a lot of fun not taking a BFR if you know what I mean.

Hilton