Most reliable homebuilt helicopter?

Old September 8th 05, 04:58 AM
tom pettit

Default Most reliable homebuilt helicopter?

What is the best homebuilt helicopter in terms of reliability?
tom

Old September 8th 05, 05:12 AM
Flyingmonk

mini500,

You can rely on it to fail.

Old September 8th 05, 05:59 AM
Alan Baker

In article
,
"tom pettit" tompetatpeakdotorg wrote:

What is the best homebuilt helicopter in terms of reliability?
tom

I would venture to say that the words "reliable" and "helicopter" have
only a passing acquaintance in the best of circumstances (commercial
manufacturer and regular *professional* maintenance).

Homebuilt? No.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old September 8th 05, 07:18 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Flyingmonk wrote:
mini500,

You can rely on it to fail.

OK, now you did it, fetters will come out of his coffin for this.
Old September 8th 05, 07:21 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Alan Baker wrote:

In article
,
"tom pettit" tompetatpeakdotorg wrote:

What is the best homebuilt helicopter in terms of reliability?
tom

I would venture to say that the words "reliable" and "helicopter" have
only a passing acquaintance in the best of circumstances (commercial
manufacturer and regular *professional* maintenance).

Homebuilt? No.

He didn't specify it had to fly.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old September 8th 05, 08:48 AM
Morgans

"Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" wrote

OK, now you did it, fetters will come out of his coffin for this.

Not quite accurate. Only his unfortunate customers are in coffins.

Besides, I can't believe I am saying this, but it would be a welcome
distraction from the Katrina threads. :-)
--
Jim in NC

Old September 8th 05, 08:51 AM
Morgans

"Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" wrote

He didn't specify it had to fly.

True, because the true definition of reliable is that is repeatable, and not
flying _is_ repeatably reliable, or is it unreliable? Humm.
--
Jim in NC

Old September 8th 05, 12:10 PM
Flyingmonk

You're quick Dan. I thought I'd removed it fast enough before Al
Mohamed Bin Fetters change persona and come in here to talk to himself
again.

Old September 8th 05, 12:13 PM
Flyingmonk

Boy! That makes me miss my buddy Gil Armbruster. Almost religiously I
would find him in his hanger playing with that dang POS. Don't get me
wrong, he did a great job on it, it look fabulous. He bought an APU
with intention of installing it. He never got around to that. I
wonder who took that thing, the APU. I should have asked Genie.

Old September 8th 05, 06:50 PM
PittsS1C

Why can't people just answer the question if they know or be quiet if they
don't...

Although I do not know the answer I am wondering what the list of practical
helicopter is..

Maybe we can list them and order them qualitatively

Something like...

Rotorway models

Safari

Scorpion

commuter

G-1

Skylark

kesterl

choppy

hot rod

A/W-95

Mini 500

Can we rank them in terms of reliability and draw a line at.. everything
below this line is pretty scary (IE rotorway/safari have the oportunity to
be above the scary line)