Our First Family Flight

Old March 8th 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_2_]

Default Our First Family Flight

Ohh shoot Jack. I just read where Michael lived in Milwaukee for 7 years,
so he knows about freezing cold, ice, and snow transforming into sweltering
hot, humid, and thunderstorming summers. I just didn't want you to scare
him with horror stories of waterlogged and/or airborne tents.

Michael, if you're missing Wisconsin click here to get over those feelings:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jburns3cfi/

Jim

Old March 9th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jack Allison

Jim Burns wrote:
Ohh shoot Jack. I just read where Michael lived in Milwaukee for 7 years,
so he knows about freezing cold, ice, and snow transforming into sweltering
hot, humid, and thunderstorming summers. I just didn't want you to scare
him with horror stories of waterlogged and/or airborne tents.

Jay has rights on any airborne tent stories. I can only attest to
getting my stuff really wet in two of three years camping in the N-40.
I have a co-copyright on the "How to get drenched from the Charcoal Pit
to your campsite" story. BTW, it was Jay's fault Michael...never have
him show you the nexrad weather on his cell phone. Hey, that reminds,
me...weren't we all sitting *in the rain* last year, all huddled under
umbrellas as we watched the storm pass on Jay's 496? Man that was fun.
"Hey Paul, we're out of Mike's lemonaid, can you run and get some
more?" :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado

Old March 9th 07, 05:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jack Allison

Montblack wrote:

102F

He didn't say anything about numbers, did he? Score one for the
Montblack corner.

Old March 9th 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman 46U

Well, I walked the dog this morning in shorts and a golf shirt, so
I'll leave it to your imagination just how much I'm missing
Wisconsin's weather about now. Still, I used to walk the 1/4 mile to
my mail box in shorts when there was snow on the ground and the sun
was shining. Even in zero degrees. But I finally accumulated enough
snow-shoveling credits to cash them in and move to the southwest, so I
think I'll stay.

Michael
Grumman 46U

Old March 9th 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_2_]

Hmm... after this storm I wonder how many credits I have... do I get extra
credits if it's between 2am and 6am rescuing little old ladies stuck miles
from town? But that's a whole other story.

As Jay what he thinks of the Ramp Rat at KSTE...

Jim

Old March 9th 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Grumman 46U wrote:
Well, I walked the dog this morning in shorts and a golf shirt, so
I'll leave it to your imagination just how much I'm missing
Wisconsin's weather about now. Still, I used to walk the 1/4 mile to
my mail box in shorts when there was snow on the ground and the sun
was shining. Even in zero degrees. But I finally accumulated enough
snow-shoveling credits to cash them in and move to the southwest, so I
think I'll stay.

How many credits does it take? I'm wondering how many more I need. :-)

Matt
Old March 9th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Jim Burns" wrote)
Hmm... after this storm I wonder how many credits I have... do I get extra
credits if it's between 2am and 6am rescuing little old ladies stuck miles
from town? But that's a whole other story.

Oh, I'm sorry. You seem to be running a deficit ...after your Florida Keys
escape.

25 more inches (this year) should just about get you back to even.

Montblack-top-melting

Old March 9th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
"Montblack" wrote:

25 more inches (this year) should just about get you back to even.

I appreciate your "canyon" shots of the dog on the sidewalk.
So... exactly how many hours did you log on the shovel that week?
Old March 10th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("john smith" wrote)
I appreciate your "canyon" shots of the dog on the sidewalk.
So... exactly how many hours did you log on the shovel that week?

Two ....as in too many!

Montblack
We still got nothing, compared to the Denver area this year.

PW-6 family fun ------ Charles Yeates Soaring 47 March 10th 06 05:38 PM
A36 for Family Trips Bob Owning 9 June 9th 05 04:06 AM
Daughter (15) solo in family PW-6 Charles Yeates Soaring 5 December 29th 04 01:51 PM
Flying and the New Family Marco Leon Piloting 33 December 24th 03 06:11 PM
Lindbergh's other family Larry Dighera Piloting 11 December 3rd 03 12:30 AM