Which US and non-US national gliding team owns gliders?

Old December 9th 09, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
csonka istvan

Default Which US and non-US national gliding team owns gliders?

Which US and non-US national gliding team owns gliders?
Hello, I am trying to gather statistical information about how common
that a National Gliding Organization/Team in a country (anywhere in
the world), owns lots of high value gliders, like Ventus2, Discus2,
etc.?
I am sure that I will get answers relating to the US team, but maybe
there are readers of this forum from lots of different countries and
they also would tell me how it is going in their country. I am also
interested how the particular National Gliding Organization was able
to buy such high value glider, asking very simple: what was the source
of the money?
I can tell how the situation in Hungary just to start with something:
“Tax payers”, (there are very few in Hungary btw.) paying for these
expensive toys and the ownership is at the National Gliding
Organization. A committee decides every year, who will use which
glider.
Thanks in advance.
Old December 9th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_10_]

On Dec 9, 8:08*am, csonka istvan wrote:
[...]

You have to provide your own glider on the US team - the team doesn't
have any of its own.

9B
Old December 9th 09, 06:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Markus Graeber

A couple of months ago I was at the Brazilian Nationals in Bebedouro,
the FBVV (http://www.planadores.org.br/), Brazil's national gliding
organisation, has 3 Discus (B1/B2/B3) which they make available to top
ranked pilots. I'm not 100% sure but I believe they were a donation
from one of the well moneyed members...

Markus
Old December 10th 09, 12:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MaD

Same in Switzerland: BYO.
Neither the National Team nor the National Gliding Federation own
gliders.

Regards
Marcel

Old December 10th 09, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
stephanevdv

No team-owned gliders in Belgium: everybody is on his own. There used
to be gliders administreded by the Belgian Gliding federation or the
regional subsidiaries, but that was in the seventies!

In France, the French Gliding Federation still has a whole bunch of
modern, regularily replaced gliders (World class, club class, standard
class, 15 and 18 m, open class) that are made available to the
national team. When not used in international competitions, they are
at the national gliding centre at Saint-Auban and can be used by any
qualified glider pilot during a soaring camp there. They are also used
by the would-be instructors during the instructor courses.
Old December 10th 09, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
csonka istvan

Any info about the German, Austrian, Czech, Polish, Slovak, Italian,
France, etc... situation?
Old December 11th 09, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cernauta

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:48:56 -0800 (PST), csonka istvan
wrote:

Any info about the German, Austrian, Czech, Polish, Slovak, Italian,
France, etc... situation?

About France, you've been told already. Yes, they have some excellent
gliders.

About Italy, no competition gliders are owned by the Team nor by the
Federation.

Aldo