Adjustment driver for King VOR head

Old August 21st 05, 11:38 PM
Robert M. Gary

Default Adjustment driver for King VOR head

My #2 VOR is the older analog King head feed by a KX-170B. It likes to
get out of adjustment. The local radio shop has told me I should get
the screw driver and adjust it myself off the VOT. If you remove the
set screw that holds the knob on, there is an adjustment screw behind
it. However, the head on that screw is very, very strange and therefore
requires a special driver.

Does anyone know where I can find such a driver??

-Robert

Old August 21st 05, 11:46 PM
RST Engineering

As I recall, that is a regular (albeit very small) slot head screw. What it
is after twenty or thirty years of diddling with it is anybody's guess.

Jim

oups.com...

Old August 22nd 05, 02:26 PM
Mike Rapoport

Old August 22nd 05, 03:08 PM
OtisWinslow

Just go to Sears and get a long necked thin blade one and file
the blade a little on the ends. Works great. Adjust it in the
air too all the way around a VOR station.

Old August 22nd 05, 08:58 PM
RST Engineering

I use a piece of 1/8 " brass brazing rod 6" long with one end filed down to
a screwdriver blade and shrink sleeving (for traction) on the other end.
Use it on both VOR/LOC alignment AND compass swinging. It has been in the
toolbox since the PSA days back in the mid-60s. It's about an inch shorter
than when I first made it due to "periodic calibration" of the tip.

Jim

.. .

Old August 23rd 05, 09:46 PM
George Patterson

Mike Rapoport wrote:
You guys are making me feel stupid for buying a brass screwdriver.

Well, don't feel that way. Just because *their* time isn't worth anything
doesn't mean that yours isn't either.

George Patterson
Old August 23rd 05, 09:51 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

What's your take on all this "Ground the MU-2" crap coming out of the
Colorado congress criters?

Old August 23rd 05, 09:57 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Gig 601XL Builder" wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote in message

What's your take on all this "Ground the MU-2" crap coming out of the
Colorado congress criters?

What are the Colorado congress critters saying about the MU-2?