A birthday boy on RAP

Old June 20th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default A birthday boy on RAP

Bob Moore, one RAP friend I've been happy to make, celebrated his 71st
birthday yesterday by - guess? - cycling 71 miles at 9 knots under the
Florida sun

Here's to many more years, mate

Ramapriya

Old June 21st 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Matt Whiting wrote

Bob, you are making us look bad! You could have maintaned atleast 10
knots! :-)

Almost did...just rechecked the trip computer on the bike and actual
pedaling time was 6:30...72sm/62nm, very close to 10 kts. We have a
great paved bicycle/jogging trail here in Pinellas County, Florida.
34 miles long from Tarpon Springs (where I live) to St. Petersburg.
There are eight riding overpasses over the main highways and 4-way stops
at the lessor streets. http://www.pinellastrail.com/
Density altitude was a little high....93 Degrees and Percent. :-)

Bob
Old June 21st 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Bob Moore wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote

Bob, you are making us look bad! You could have maintaned atleast 10
knots! :-)

Almost did...just rechecked the trip computer on the bike and actual
pedaling time was 6:30...72sm/62nm, very close to 10 kts. We have a
great paved bicycle/jogging trail here in Pinellas County, Florida.
34 miles long from Tarpon Springs (where I live) to St. Petersburg.
There are eight riding overpasses over the main highways and 4-way stops
at the lessor streets. http://www.pinellastrail.com/
Density altitude was a little high....93 Degrees and Percent. :-)

Bob

What's the stall speed on your bike? :-)

Matt
Old June 21st 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Matt Whiting wrote:
Bob Moore wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote

Bob, you are making us look bad! You could have maintaned atleast 10
knots! :-)

Almost did...just rechecked the trip computer on the bike and actual
pedaling time was 6:30...72sm/62nm, very close to 10 kts. We have a
great paved bicycle/jogging trail here in Pinellas County, Florida.
34 miles long from Tarpon Springs (where I live) to St. Petersburg.
There are eight riding overpasses over the main highways and 4-way stops
at the lessor streets. http://www.pinellastrail.com/
Density altitude was a little high....93 Degrees and Percent. :-)

Bob

What's the stall speed on your bike? :-)

Matt

Holy Cow Bob!

I used to ride bikes alot, but not to that extreme. I'm only 40 and I
would even try that, I don't like hot sun...

Anywho, Happy Birthday! You da man!

Monk

Old June 21st 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Bob Moore" wrote)
Almost did...just rechecked the trip computer on the bike and actual
pedaling time was 6:30...72sm/62nm, very close to 10 kts. We have a great
paved bicycle/jogging trail here in Pinellas County, Florida. 34 miles
long from Tarpon Springs (where I live) to St. Petersburg. There are eight
riding overpasses over the main highways and 4-way stops at the lessor
streets. http://www.pinellastrail.com/
Density altitude was a little high....93 Degrees and Percent. :-)

Happy Happy Bob.

That 6:30 is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

Boston Marathon Winners are around 2:10. So that's three Boston Marathons -
back(1) to back(2) to back(3) = 6:30. Distance, at 72 miles, is darn near
three marathons, too. Wow!

http://lostinthepast.shunpike.net/a/break/braw115.jpg
Breaking Away (1979)

Montblack

Old June 21st 06, 11:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Montblack wrote:

("Bob Moore" wrote)

Almost did...just rechecked the trip computer on the bike and actual
pedaling time was 6:30...72sm/62nm, very close to 10 kts. We have a
great paved bicycle/jogging trail here in Pinellas County, Florida. 34
miles long from Tarpon Springs (where I live) to St. Petersburg. There
are eight riding overpasses over the main highways and 4-way stops at
the lessor streets. http://www.pinellastrail.com/
Density altitude was a little high....93 Degrees and Percent. :-)

Happy Happy Bob.

That 6:30 is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

Boston Marathon Winners are around 2:10. So that's three Boston
Marathons - back(1) to back(2) to back(3) = 6:30. Distance, at 72 miles,
is darn near three marathons, too. Wow!

http://lostinthepast.shunpike.net/a/break/braw115.jpg
Breaking Away (1979)

Biking a marathon is MUCH easier than riding one! I rode 29 miles on
Memorial Day weekend in 90 degrees and sun. I was pretty beat as it was
my first ride of the year, but I can't run one mile let alone 26.
However, riding 26 isn't hard at all. Well, it IS hard on the derriere
the first few times of the season.

Fortunately, Bob lives where the season is all year so he can keep his
derriere callouses in good shape! :-)

Matt
Old June 21st 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Matt Whiting wrote
Fortunately, Bob lives where the season is all year so he can keep his
derriere callouses in good shape! :-)

Right about that...location and callouses. :-)

Bob
Old June 21st 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Biking a marathon is MUCH easier than riding one!

What's the difference?

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.
Old June 21st 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jose wrote:

Biking a marathon is MUCH easier than riding one!

What's the difference?

Did you ever ride a horse for that length of time? Talk about saddle
sores.

--
Peter