CE-152 type rating

Old February 24th 05, 12:55 AM
Slick

Default CE-152 type rating

Anyone heard of this new type rating that is to be implemented April 1 to
account for the difference in training on a glass panel and flying "steam
gauges." I read an article about it in the most recent issue of Private
Pilot. Basically I want to know if I have to get this type rating or if I am
grandfathered in since I soloed, trained and got my license in a 152.

Old February 24th 05, 09:31 PM
Robert M. Gary

Slick wrote:
Anyone heard of this new type rating that is to be implemented April

account for the difference in training on a glass panel and flying

"steam
gauges." I read an article about it in the most recent issue of

Private
Pilot. Basically I want to know if I have to get this type rating or

if I am
grandfathered in since I soloed, trained and got my license in a 152.

The "type rating" would hang on the wall at the FBO. It would not
effect your FAA ticket in anyway. Your insurance may or may not care
(probably not). At some point, the FAA has mentioned that they may
issue a new instrument rating and flight plan. The EFR (vs VFR or IFR)
would be available for more point to point planes with heads up
displays that simply follow artificial highways displayed on the
windshield. It would appear that you are driving a car other than the
fact that you could accidently go below the road. Rather than having
a traditional straight instrument approach you would have a pattern
much like a VFR traffic pattern with tighter turns, etc.

-Robert

PC-12 type rating snowbird Piloting 5 January 11th 05 04:02 AM
Instrument Rating Checkride PASSED (Very Long) Alan Pendley Instrument Flight Rules 24 December 16th 04 02:16 PM
Type Rating Ron Elmer Piloting 14 October 12th 04 01:34 AM
Enlisted pilots John Randolph Naval Aviation 41 July 21st 03 02:11 PM