AUG 3, 2018 SSA Webinar Popup - Visual Landout Site Assessment - noguarantee of Fast Wings credit

Old August 4th 18, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

Default AUG 3, 2018 SSA Webinar Popup - Visual Landout Site Assessment - noguarantee of Fast Wings credit

Folks - I was doing this one local.
Turns out we can do it as an SSA Webinar...?!!

Sign in like usual, but I can't guarantee Wings Credit.
Visual Landout Site Evaluation from In Flight - Cindy Brickner

PDT 6pm to 7-15??
Different in that this is a live performance that is being simulcast.
We will see how good the audio is, I know the slides in PowerPoint are fine..

Join in and have fun.
Cindy B

- - - -

Please register for OFF FEILD LANDINGS: HOW TO EVALUATE SUITABLE FIELDS FROM THE AIR on Aug 3, 2018 6:00 PM PDT at:

https://attendee.gotowebinar. com/register/ 5465186710068522753

This is the 1st webinar in a series that focuses on learning to fly sailplanes cross country!

Each webinar in this series is presented by a different expert and takes place live every 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month at 8pm CENTRAL TIME.

For our August webinar we are thrilled to have CINDY BRICKNER CFIG and one of the top soaring instructors in the country as our presenter.

THIS AND ALL OF OUR WEBINARS ARE NOW ELIGIBLE FOR THE FAA WINGS PROGRAM! The FAA Pilot Proficiency Program, or Wings program, is one of my favorite FAA sponsored activities. The FAA along with the aviation industry has realized recurrent training reduces the accident rate dramatically.

The Wings program includes both learning activities and flight tasks to be accomplished for credit towards obtaining one of the levels in the Wings program. After completing a level of the Wings program you may substitute this completion for your flight review.

It is easy to sign up for the program and is free. Go to www.faasafety.gov for more information. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU USE THE SAME EMAIL TO REGISTER FOR WINGS AS YOU DO TO REGISTER FOR OUR WEBINARS.

OFF FEILD LANDINGS: HOW TO EVALUATE SUITABLE FIELDS FROM THE AIR teaches real world techniques of how to use simple techniques to determine the best field available when you cannot make it back to an airport.

Seats are limited to 500 and fill up fast so REGISTER TODAY!

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Brought to you by GoToWebinar®
Webinars Made Easy®
David Lessnick

D. Marin Development
1900 Western Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89102

Old August 4th 18, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wyll Surf Air

The link appears to be dead.
Old August 4th 18, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Perhaps it will show up in the ssa.org webinars?
Old August 4th 18, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Maxx Ruff[_2_]

Default AUG 3, 2018 SSA Webinar Popup - Visual Landout Site Assessment - no guarantee of Fast Wings cre

try
https://register.gotowebinar.com/reg...86710068522753

Old August 4th 18, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

On Friday, August 3, 2018 at 4:50:12 PM UTC-7, CindyB wrote:
Visual Landout Site Evaluation from In Flight - Cindy Brickner

PDT 6pm to 7-15??
Different in that this is a live performance that is being simulcast.
We will see how good the audio is, I know the slides in PowerPoint are fine.

Join in and have fun.
Cindy B

- - - -

Please register for OFF FEILD LANDINGS: HOW TO EVALUATE SUITABLE FIELDS FROM THE AIR on Aug 3, 2018 6:00 PM PDT at:

https://attend

Well, I had a few attend in person and a few more on-line.
It was a success, since we gave the material/info to the attendees,
and trained another one in how to admin webinars.

I never thought to ask the host if he had his laptop plugged in to a power cord. (Mine needs a hard line, since the 8 year old battery won't hold up for more than :30 when unplugged. Too old to find replacement!) So we had an abrupt ending at about 7:30. It was time to quit anyway.

This one was not scheduled(prepped) to be added to the SSA page, but
I will offer to trim it to time standards (one hour~) and offer to
repeat it. That way we can get more distribution on normal announcement
and make it cleaner for all folks. And get Wings credit for attendees.

Thanks for trying to join in. I don't know the vagaries of when the link times out. I do know there were a small wad who Did get logged in. I would conjecture that the link is dead after the time of the event.

Thanks to the ones who did log on. The ones in the room were very appreciative of the material. It appears that these are becoming more popular! Yippee.

If your group is giving a local training presentation, and you would like to make it available to a wider audience, please contact David Lessnick for scheduling. The idea is to accummulate a library of topics and materials on the SSA site for all to use.

Soar safely,

Cindy B