Cambridge "V"

Old March 11th 04, 02:01 PM
JJ Sinclair

Default Cambridge "V"

Hi Gang,
When I page up on my Cambridge GPS, I get a "V" for velocity or groundspeed. My
question is: Is this always displayed in Knots, even though I programed it to
use MPH?

This same signal is fed to my B-100 via the NMEA cable and displayed in MPH &
Track on page 2 of the Borgelt B-100. Mike, I bet you know the answer?

When I tell the B-100 to use Knots, then the Cambridge GPS and B-100 agree, so
I assume the GPS is always showing "V" in Knots.

Why do I care? Because I like to page back in the B-100 (in set-up mode) and
read True Air Speed as I read Ground Speed (V) on the GPS. The difference being
the wind in headwind or tailwind component.

I do this mostly during shaky, final glides and it keeps my mind off the
altitude I don't have.
JJ Sinclair

FS Cambridge 302/303 H201b Soaring 2 December 21st 03 09:05 PM
Cambridge 302 DDV woes - Help me PLEASE !!! Mike Borgelt Soaring 7 October 11th 03 10:44 AM
Updated IGC approval documents for Cambridge GNSS flight recorders Ian Strachan Soaring 0 August 27th 03 05:28 PM
Cambridge 302 for sale Tim Mara Soaring 1 August 8th 03 04:41 PM
Cambridge Aero Instruments Ulrich Soaring 6 August 7th 03 05:48 PM