info on Krosno KR03 wanted

Old January 26th 13, 01:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GM

Default info on Krosno KR03 wanted

Why are you considering the replacement?Thanks in advance....Regards, Jim Somerville

You are kidding, right?

Uli Neumann

Old January 27th 13, 10:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Earlier comments seem quite appropriate to me.
The back seat of the KR-03a is MUCH more comfortable and has far better visibility than the 2-33.
There's a 5000 hour life limit on the KR-03a "Puchatek". As far as I know this has yet to be addressed. It is a while since I have spoken with Barry Aviation, since my club sold their last Puchatek. At one point Barry were considering accepting trade-in of your KR-03a against a new Peregrine...
If the Peregrine exists.
The 2-33 does not have any paperwork for installing electric thingies (battery, COM radio, computer, FLARM, TXP, logger...) Believe Puchateks do allow such things.
Kr-03a even has a rear instrument panel.
The "Puke Attack" is a good winch trainer. The 2-33's "CG hook" is too far forward to be practical.
The nose wheel KR-03a still had rubbish for wheel brakes.
The Puchatek is easier to transition people to "glass" from.
Uli he's kidding, I'm sure. But let's pretend it's summer and not restart that recurring thread.
Jim
Old January 27th 13, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GM

Uli he's kidding, I'm sure. But let's pretend it's summer and not restart that recurring thread.

Jim - sorry, but I couldn't resist. ;-)
I flew the Kr03a many years ago when there was an operation Walterboro, SC which operated two of them. The Krosno struck me as very comparable to the Ka-13 - a very pleasant to fly trainer.
Does anybody know if Berry Aviation in Florida is actually producing them now?
Uli
Old January 27th 13, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Its Barry Aviation.
http://soaringcafe.com/2012/02/krosn...from-the-ashes

Perhaps they should do lease-to-purchase contracts to
secure financing, if they are serious...
Old February 3rd 13, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Sunday, January 27, 2013 7:26:10 AM UTC-8, GM wrote:

Jim - sorry, but I couldn't resist. ;-)

Machts nicht, Uli. It's a hard one for many of us to resist!
Anyone have recent news from Barry Aviation about the Peregrine or the life extension program for the KR-03a?
Jim
Old February 3rd 13, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Saturday, February 2, 2013 10:32:25 PM UTC-7, JS wrote:
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 7:26:10 AM UTC-8, GM wrote:

Jim - sorry, but I couldn't resist. ;-)

Machts nicht, Uli. It's a hard one for many of us to resist!

Anyone have recent news from Barry Aviation about the Peregrine or the life extension program for the KR-03a?

Jim

Tim and Patty need a source of funding. Tim has some thoughts on that, I made a suggestion that was probably a long shot. That was 3-4 months ago.

Frank

Krosno parts wanted [email protected] Soaring 2 August 2nd 07 03:38 AM
Krosno wanted Charles Yeates Soaring 1 November 2nd 05 03:37 AM
Wanted Info on Narco Com 810 [email protected] Owning 1 July 18th 04 12:20 PM
Wanted info on Buttercup Charlie Restoration 0 November 20th 03 05:03 PM