VW?

Old February 23rd 04, 04:16 AM
Richard Lamb

Default VW?

I'm just kinda curious about who here might be flying
(or building?)
a VW powered airplane?

Richard
Old February 23rd 04, 05:16 AM
J.D.

I'm just kinda curious about who here might be flying
(or building?)
a VW powered airplane?

Richard

T-2, Quail, Ragwing Special...a little at a time! Gettin' hangar space next
month, thank heaven; I'll be able to see the living room floor and the
opposite wall of my garage again.

J.D.
to e-mail, pull the post
Old February 27th 04, 02:48 AM
Richard Lamb

Richard Lamb wrote:

I'm just kinda curious about who here might be flying
(or building?)
a VW powered airplane?

Richard

Oh come on now!

There are only two of us actually playing with VW planes?

On the whole list?

Old February 27th 04, 12:59 PM
Albert

Not worth messing with VW's now that cheap used 80hp Rotax's and
Jabirus are available.
Albert

Old February 27th 04, 01:22 PM
RU ok

I'm just kinda curious about who here might be flying
(or building?)
a VW powered airplane?

Richard

Oh come on now!

There are only two of us actually playing with VW planes?

On the whole list?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

One can only hope. g

Could it be...
Today's builders are more sophisticated, have more viable
options and are vastly better informed than in years past?

Barnyard BOb -- devil's advocate

Old February 27th 04, 05:35 PM
Richard Lamb

RU ok wrote:

I'm just kinda curious about who here might be flying
(or building?)
a VW powered airplane?

Richard

Oh come on now!

There are only two of us actually playing with VW planes?

On the whole list?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

One can only hope. g

Could it be...
Today's builders are more sophisticated, have more viable
options and are vastly better informed than in years past?

Barnyard BOb -- devil's advocate

Possibly, or maybe there just aren't THAT many builders here?
Old February 27th 04, 05:36 PM
Richard Lamb

acepilot wrote:

Does a Half-VW count?

Scott

For sake of argument, half a point?

Richard

Old February 27th 04, 06:11 PM

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:53:02 +0000, acepilot
wrote:

Does a Half-VW count?

Scott

Not exactly off topic (only half off) ... but I am seeking info on a
1/2 VW and a comparison between a 1/2 VW and a 1/3 Corvair.

Cost ? Weight? Power? And most importantly, fuel consumption.

How many Gal/Hr at minimum power settings? ... say 50% & how many HP
does this represent?

Any response appreciated, thinking of attempting a world record
flight, but need hard info.

Thanks,

Old February 27th 04, 06:57 PM
jls

RU ok wrote:

I'm just kinda curious about who here might be flying
(or building?)
a VW powered airplane?

Richard

Oh come on now!

There are only two of us actually playing with VW planes?

On the whole list?

One can only hope. g

Could it be...
Today's builders are more sophisticated, have more viable
options and are vastly better informed than in years past?

Barnyard BOob -- advocate's devil

Possibly, or maybe there just aren't THAT many builders here?

You got THAT right, dude. I have flown behind a 1/2 VW and know someone
who has 700+ hours on one in a J-3 Kitten. He flies out of State Line, SE
of Rutherfordton, NC.