Insurance options...

Old March 17th 09, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt[_2_]

Default Insurance options...

Two important data points;

1) I got non-owners (renters) insurance through Avemco 2 years ago,
but upon reading the fine print, discovered that they DO NOT COVER
experimental aircraft.

2) I switched to Costello because they do, and when I renewed in
January '09 the copy of the policy had an AIG cover, but was
underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh,
PA (A bit confusing)

Matt
Old March 17th 09, 12:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BrianC-V6

snip
1) I got non-owners (renters) insurance through Avemco 2 years ago,
but upon reading the fine print, discovered that they DO NOT COVER
experimental aircraft.

snip
Matt

I seem to recall this limitation as well, However I was looking into
purchasing this, this morning and was surprised this is no longer the
case. As I read it, it specifically says that it covered Non-powered
sailplanes and aircraft with Experimental Aircraft Certificate.

However I just realized I was looking at the AOPA Renters insurance
and not the AVEMCO Insurance. So I looked at the AVEMCO Policy. From
what I could see they would cover Amateur Built Aircraft and Gliders
but it might require an additional Endorsement to the Policy. However
the way it is worded it does not look like it covers Experimental
Racing Aircraft.

Brian
Old March 17th 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

On Mar 17, 12:28*am, Matt wrote:
Two important data points;

1) I got non-owners (renters) insurance through Avemco 2 years ago,
but upon reading the fine print, discovered that they DO NOT COVER
experimental aircraft.

2) I switched to Costello because they do, and when I renewed in
January '09 the copy of the policy had an AIG cover, but was
underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh,
PA (A bit confusing)

Matt

Hi Matt,

AIG writes business on many different "papers" . Nat Union is one
of those. It has to do with where they are admitted to do business
in the various states. Remember, Insurance is still largely regulated
at the State level.

P3
Old March 17th 09, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Just to clarify the Avemco / Experimental question:

My DG-300 is registered experimental (like all of them). Avemco had
no problems with this and covered me just fine.

Costello would have covered my DG-300 as well, but Costello wanted all
the $$ up-front (Avemco allows you to pay quarterly); and Costello
wanted an 20% higher premium than what Avemco is charging me. I have
had no problems with service from either company!

--Noel

Ways of Getting The Lowest Possible Life Insurance Rates.( lowestlife insurance rates) [email protected] Piloting 0 March 23rd 08 09:21 AM
LED options Ken Gage Home Built 2 November 8th 07 12:01 AM
396/496 installation options. [email protected] Owning 10 December 18th 06 03:10 AM
Options [email protected] Soaring 32 March 14th 05 05:33 PM
Options in Summer of '45 Matt Wiser Military Aviation 0 December 24th 03 04:15 PM