'The Children of the Wind' - A History of the New Aviation 1971-1996 - Ch I, Pt 2

Old April 4th 13, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.ultralight,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Dighera

Default 'The Children of the Wind' - A History of the New Aviation 1971-1996 - Ch I, Pt 2

'The Children of the Wind' - A History of the New Aviation 1971-1996
- Ch I, Pt 2 has been posted to rec.aviation.stories

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 08:43:25 -0700, "Larry Dighera, Moderator"
wrote:

Currently being serially posted to rec.aviation.stories:

'The Children of the Wind' - A History of the New Aviation 1971-1996

Here is a serialized account taken from Brian Miltion's magnum
opus, 'The Children of the Wind' - A History of the New Aviation
1971-1996, soon to be published by Endeavour Press, a
London-based epublisher. These first few chapters
chronicling the beginnings of man's quest to fly and how the
forefathers of aviation have influenced contemporary ultralight
aviation have kindly been made available to newsgroup
readers. They will be posted here over the next few months.
This first post is the Table of Contents.

You can learn more about TV presenter, lecturer,
journalist, award winning around-the-world microlight pilot,
author of seven books, and born adventurer, Brian Milton on
his web site http://www.brian-milton.com/;. You can also
purchase autographed copies of Brian's literary works there too:
http://www.brian-milton.com/book. And don't miss the
extensive collection of aviation videos, including Brian's Around
the World by Microlight flight for which he was awarded the
Britannia Trophy, joining a very distinguished list of aviators
who have won that award including Sir John Alcock, Bert Hinkler
and Sir Alan Cobham. Brian was also awarded the Segrave Trophy,
an award presented to great sportsmen; past recipients include Sir
Malcolm Campbell, Amy Johnson and Jackie Stewart:
http://www.brian-milton.com/video/

Additional links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Milton
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segrave_Trophy

© Copyright Brian Milton 2013, All Rights Reserved

Old April 6th 13, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
sambodidley[_2_]

"Larry Dighera" wrote

'The Children of the Wind' - A History of the New Aviation 1971-1996
- Ch I, Pt 2 has been posted to rec.aviation.stories

Are you the only person posting to that group? I didn't see a post
there by anyone else.

Old April 7th 13, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera, Moderator

Please feel free to submit your story(s) to the rec.aviation.stories
newsgroup. Here's a copy of the newsgroup charter:

rec.aviation.stories Anecdotes of flight experiences. (Moderated)

CHARTER:

A home for one of the greatest strengths of rec.aviation --
longer postings of stories and experiences, including
descriptions of cross-country trips, "I learned about flying from
that", airshow reports, and so on. The moderator will reject
shorter articles and subjects which aren't appropriate to the
group, and will ensure that articles meet minimum readability
standards (i.e., line lengths). Follow-ups will be directed to
other groups. It is expected that this group will typically
contain only one or two articles a week. Articles for anonymous
posting will be accepted.

"Larry Dighera" wrote