How to log into OLC web site ?

Old June 25th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default How to log into OLC web site ?

This is unbelievable. If I try to log on, it says "login incorrect".
I give it my name, and it correctly emails me my password.
What *exactly* does it want in the login fields ?
My name ? email address ?
I've tried lots of combinations, no joy.
Thanks in advance,
Best Regards, Dave "YO"

PS: Of course, the flight will probably disappear into
the ether like the last few I tried to submit (even after
I received submission acknowledgments)...

Old June 25th 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jun 24, 7:54?pm, wrote:
This is unbelievable. If I try to log on, it says "login incorrect".
I give it my name, and it correctly emails me my password.
What *exactly* does it want in the login fields ?
My name ? email address ?
I've tried lots of combinations, no joy.
Thanks in advance,
Best Regards, Dave "YO"

PS: Of course, the flight will probably disappear into
the ether like the last few I tried to submit (even after
I received submission acknowledgments)...

Try hooking up that Honda generator of yours to your laptop...... #
711.

Old June 25th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jun 24, 8:10 pm, wrote:
On Jun 24, 7:54?pm, wrote:

This is unbelievable. If I try to log on, it says "login incorrect".
I give it my name, and it correctly emails me my password.
What *exactly* does it want in the login fields ?
My name ? email address ?
I've tried lots of combinations, no joy.
Thanks in advance,
Best Regards, Dave "YO"

PS: Of course, the flight will probably disappear into
the ether like the last few I tried to submit (even after
I received submission acknowledgments)...

Try hooking up that Honda generator of yours to your laptop...... #
711.

No need for the generator at home !
Flight seems to be here (hopefully it doesn't again disappear):
http://www3.onlinecontest.org/olc-2....th=06&day =23
Not so far, but we are talking about New England !

Still looking for advice as to how to log on to this site,
Best Regards, Dave "YO"

Old June 25th 07, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

On Jun 24, 8:08 pm, wrote:
Still looking for advice as to how to log on to this site,

I use my last name as login. But I recall sometime back setting up a
login, in addition to registering. It used to be that name, birthday
and password would let you edit a flight. With the new system, you
need a username. I think I set this up shortly after the new OLC was
announced, since it seemed like a good thing to do at the time...

-Tom

Old June 25th 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jun 25, 12:14 am, 5Z wrote:
On Jun 24, 8:08 pm, wrote:

Still looking for advice as to how to log on to this site,

I use my last name as login. But I recall sometime back setting up a
login, in addition to registering. It used to be that name, birthday
and password would let you edit a flight. With the new system, you
need a username. I think I set this up shortly after the new OLC was
announced, since it seemed like a good thing to do at the time...

-Tom

Hi Tom - I have no idea what they are looking for as user-name;
so I cannot log into the site, even though I am apparently
registered...

Still looking for help here...

Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave "YO"

Old June 25th 07, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Jun 24, 7:08 pm, wrote:

Still looking for advice as to how to log on to this site,
Best Regards, Dave "YO"- Hide quoted text -

This morning I uploaded a flight thus:

went to URL:
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...ringId=1&today
selected the required date from the pull down menu.
selected flight claim from the tool bar
selected direct method
entered my name and birthdate
browsed to my file on CF card
saved

I received immediate notifcation that my flight had been received and
the flight was scored in 5 minutes or less.

I was never asked to log in but perhaps I did previously and am save
in cookie land.

I suspect you may be going to the old OLC site.

Andy (GY)

Old June 25th 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Jun 25, 5:44 am, Andy wrote:
URL was truncated
trying again without the usual prefix

onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/gliding/getScoring.html?scoringId=1&today

Old June 25th 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

On Jun 25, 6:44 am, Andy wrote:
I was never asked to log in but perhaps I did previously and am save
in cookie land.

Andy, there is no need to login to submit a claim, only to modify it.

I submit many claims for other pilots and all I need is their name as
registered and birth date.

As I mentioned above, sometime ago I set up a username / pasword to
login to the new OLC site, but I don't recall now where or when I did
it. The info is just safely locked away in mu RoboForm password
manager (http:/http://www.roboform.com/ not selling it, just a
satisfied customer!)

-Tom

Old June 29th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Gibbons[_2_]

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:31:19 -0000, 5Z wrote:

On Jun 25, 6:44 am, Andy wrote:

.... text deleted ...
As I mentioned above, sometime ago I set up a username / pasword to
login to the new OLC site, but I don't recall now where or when I did
it. The info is just safely locked away in mu RoboForm password
manager (http:/http://www.roboform.com/ not selling it, just a
satisfied customer!)

-Tom

Regarding users who do not remember their OLC password (as Tom notes,
only needed to modify a submitted claim), see the FAQ on the OLC site,

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...refix_jsp=help

for the following answer,

===============
5. What is my password?
You need Your password once within 12 month, to check Your personal
data in the competitors registration or to change a flight, already
scored and You cannot remember it?

Please click onto the tab "gliding" or "parahanggliding", then choose
"Contest registration update". Underneath the required data such as
pilots name, date of birth and password You can click onto "password
forgotten?"

A new page opens and gives You the chance to get the password via
e-mail.

Your mail address is not existing any more, or You cannot look into
this mailbox, give a short mail to and the
password will be delivered to your requested new mail address.

Bob

SSA web site Pete Reinhart Soaring 3 April 18th 05 01:25 PM
new site for creating project log and web site Rob Home Built 2 November 23rd 04 06:21 PM
site anthony Military Aviation 0 January 24th 04 12:20 PM
site FBI © 2003 Owning 0 July 10th 03 04:38 PM
site FBI © 2003 Aviation Marketplace 0 July 7th 03 11:47 AM