Soaring in China

Old March 30th 15, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

Default Soaring in China

On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 5:40:21 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Many years ago, I spent more than a year in the far east including China. A few years ago, I was asked to translate my popular glider flight training manual into Chinese. It is a big effort, but the project is nearly finished.

Now the problem is how to produce it without the whole project being stolen and the book simply copied.

Frankly, I believe it is impossible. The answer is probably to sell the rights to somebody in China and let them do as they like in their language.

Tom Knauff

I've been to China three times in the last 5 years, selecting students to come do flight training in the USA. On each trip I've tried to get some interest, anywhere, for soaring in China. The CAAC doesn't seem to have any interest, and the flight universities are too restricted to get anything like that going. I have talked with a couple training groups at the airlines and they are interested in maybe seeing if gliding might be a good introduction/selection tool for their recruitment. No one has followed through or contacted me for more details.

Old March 31st 15, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MrBeefa69

Interestingly I was contacted by someone yesterday from China who has set up an operation at Beijing with the option of soaring over the Great Wall.

www.flying-tigers.com.cn

Some lovely new gliders to go along with it.