Taxi calculator? (propeller type and speed, aircraft weight, taxi speed)

Old February 6th 11, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Flaps_50!

Default bull**** replies

On Feb 6, 12:50*pm, John Doe wrote:
Daryl Hunt dhunt nspami70west.com wrote:

Thank for making my point for me.

Why do you post so much noise and then whine about too much noise,
****?

And by the way, ****, are you a spammer? What other nyms do you
use?

A true vulgarian! What a nasty little piece of work you've shown
yourself to be.
Old February 6th 11, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Flaps_50!

Default Taxi calculator? (propeller type and speed, aircraft weight, taxi speed)

On Feb 6, 1:33*pm, John Doe wrote:
heirophant wrote:
John Doe wrote:
heirophant heremypants hushmail.com wrote:
*John Doe wrote:

Is there such a calculation/formula? How can you tell what
propeller to use, how fast it should rotate, and how much
weight it can push along the ground?

Specifically... I would like to tell what sort and size of
propeller rotating at what speed, in calm air to push 100 or
200 pounds on smooth and level pavement with zero rolling
resistance to about 20 mph.

Far too little information to arrive at an answer. Could you
tighten the variables a bit?

What other variables do you need?

How quickly do you wish to reach Xmph,

Five or ten seconds.

what would you allow for maximum efficiency of the propeller

Whatever type of propeller is best for taxing purposes.

and what are the limitations of your power output to the
propeller,

None. The propeller spins that whatever RPM is needed.

and are we rolling or standing start?

Standing.

I suppose the wind resistance of a typical light/small aircraft on
the ground would be in the ballpark.

Ignoring rolling resistance, look at the power consumption of a plane
at cruise, then note that aerodynamic drag could be estimated to
follow the square of speed. So, if 100 HP- 100 mph then 10 mph = 1
HP. Rolling resistance is the biggest factor though as you should
know...
Old February 6th 11, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
CaveLamb

John Doe wrote:

Is there such a calculation/formula? How can you tell what
propeller to use, how fast it should rotate, and how much
weight it can push along the ground?

Specifically... I would like to tell what sort and size of
propeller rotating at what speed, in calm air to push 100 or
200 pounds on smooth and level pavement with zero rolling
resistance to about 20 mph.
Far too little information to arrive at an answer. Could you
tighten the variables a bit?

What other variables do you need?

How quickly do you wish to reach Xmph, what would you allow for
maximum efficiency of the propeller and what are the limitations of
your power output to the propeller, and are we rolling or standing
start?

This is our old friend the propeller powered skater...

--

Richard Lamb
email me:

Old February 6th 11, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Doe[_4_]

"Flaps_50!" moreflaps gmail.com wrote:

John Doe j... usenetlove.invalid wrote:
˙John Doe wrote:

[...]

My experience suggests that wind resistance at speed is
significantly greater than rolling resistance.
--

see also Google Groups
From: "Flaps_50!" moreflaps gmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.av iation.homebuilt
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 17:17:56 -0800 (PST)

Old February 6th 11, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Doe[_4_]

CaveLamb cavelamb earthlink.net wrote:

This is our old friend the propeller powered skater...

Just got back from plugging your mom...

Richard Lamb
email me: cavelamb earthlink.net
web site: http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 19:29:14 -0600
From: CaveLamb cavelamb earthlink.net
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.av iation.homebuilt

Old February 6th 11, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Doe[_4_]

"Flaps_50!" moreflaps gmail.com wrote:

John Doe j... usenetlove.invalid wrote:
"Flaps_50!" moreflaps gmail.com wrote:
John Doe j... usenetlove.invalid wrote:

Is there such a calculation/formula? How can you tell what
propeller to use, how fast it should rotate, and how much
weight it can push along the ground?

Specifically... I would like to tell what sort and size of
propeller rotating at what speed, in calm air to push 100 or
200 pounds on smooth and level pavement with zero rolling
resistance to about 20 mph.

20 mph is too fast for taxying.

Okay then, use 10 mph.

What are you asking about -zero rolling resistance????

Providing givens is common when asking for a calculation. By
suggesting zero rolling resistance, I was trying to make it
easier or at least achievable for anyone who has a clue. The
fact that you do not have a clue is useful information, but I
could have figured that out without your babbling.

Hmm. What do you think makes it hard to push a plane -zero
rolling resistance?

You need to take a few more English-as-a-second-language lessons
and learn how to construct a sentence.

Given its weight, an aircraft might have more rolling resistance
than wind resistance when taxiing. But I would think that inertia
and wind resistance would play a big part too.

Don't be so rude

**** you.

when you don't know how to frame a problem properly.

Is English your second language?

Describe the problem properly and someone may be able to help
you

....or lead me on a wild goose chase, or troll me, whatever you
feel like doing.

but after your rude response it won't be me.

In other words... "I really don't know".
--

See also Google Groups
From: "Flaps_50!" moreflaps gmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.av iation.homebuilt
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 17:11:32 -0800 (PST)

Old February 6th 11, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Doe[_4_]

"Flaps_50!" moreflaps gmail.com wrote:

A true vulgarian!

As if profanity hurts the poor baby's virgin ears.

What a nasty little piece of work you've shown yourself to be.

Says a nym-shifting troll.

From New Zealand, and he acts like he's never heard profanity.

But seriously. Try another angle.
--

See also Google Groups
From: "Flaps_50!" moreflaps gmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.av iation.homebuilt
Subject: bull**** replies
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 17:14:00 -0800 (PST)
References: 4d4b324f$0$26911$c3e8da3$33881b6a news.astraweb.com fcb480ce-e285-47c4-87dc-8a9257583974 o7g2000prn.googlegroups.com 4d4db0f2$0$29578$c3e8da3$92d0a893 news.astraweb.com af01f10c-b720-499e-8cb6-6710038c9217 x3g2000yqj.googlegroups.com 4d4dc411$0$1542$c3e8da3$40d4fd75 news.astraweb.com lPj3p.69559$Y8.62149 newsfe06.iad 4d4dcb90$0$9568$c3e8da3$c8b7d2e6 news.astraweb.com X_j3p.16539$zb7.12608 newsfe08.iad 4d4de237$0$15838$c3e8da3$12bcf670 news.astraweb.com

Old February 6th 11, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Doe[_4_]

"Flaps_50!" moreflaps gmail.com wrote:

LOL!

You just quoted sixty lines of text for a one-word hackneyed insult.
Old February 6th 11, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
heirophant

On 06 Feb 2011 00:33:27 GMT, John Doe wrote:

John Doe wrote:

[...]

Here we have come to an impasse. You wish to receive a set of answers
to a very difficult question unknowing that the quality or response,
or any response, lies in providing a full set of the variables.

Love to help you out but before I put forward any additional effort,
why is it that you need the answers.
--

http://heremypants.weebly.com/
Old February 6th 11, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
heirophant

On 06 Feb 2011 01:57:17 GMT, John Doe wrote:

Just got back from plugging your mom...

Aw, there's all I need.

*PLONKIES*
--

http://heremypants.weebly.com/

Taxi calculator? (propeller type and speed, aircraft weight, taxi speed) John Doe[_4_] General Aviation 0 February 3rd 11 11:55 PM
Taxi speed Hilton Piloting 21 April 10th 07 01:03 AM
Any info on WC Pye Course & Speed Calculator Jack McAdams Owning 2 June 23rd 04 03:55 PM
Any info on WC Pye Course & Speed Calculator Jack McAdams Piloting 2 June 23rd 04 03:55 PM