Encrypted Flarmnet files and 3rd party software

Old March 26th 15, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Encrypted Flarmnet files and 3rd party software

I got a confirmation from flarmnet folks that this was a bug they fixed as of last Tuesday. The only thing that they removed for now is the pilot name.. The Tail Number should be displayd as before once you download the latest file from flarmnet. I hope to be able to confirm it this weekend.

Ramy
Old March 27th 15, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

I loaded the latest Butterfly provided
flarmnet file along with the 3.4 firmware
update into our club gliders and my own.

All I can see are the ICAO id's.

Old March 28th 15, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 1:45:07 PM UTC-7, George Haeh wrote:
I loaded the latest Butterfly provided
flarmnet file along with the 3.4 firmware
update into our club gliders and my own.

All I can see are the ICAO id's.

Indeed it is still not working right. Sigh!!

Ramy
Old March 28th 15, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

Then I hooked in my Oudie with SYM.

SYM shows the contest letters.

PF - Butterfly Vario rebaptised AirGlide - NMEA Converter - Oudie

Old March 28th 15, 07:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

George, can you confirm the version number of the FLarmNet file on your Oudie ?
Indeed, very recently I set up a friend's new PF Core + Oudie/SYM.
My own system (upgraded to PF FW V6) showed up perfectly fine with my 3U call sign on his Oudie. My guess is the Oudie had a pre-encryption FlarmNet file.
3U.
Old March 28th 15, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

3U, the Radar folder shows a
20150322.fln file; so I'm guessing either:

Naviter and Flarm have an understanding

or that Naviter matches the ICAO ID to the
public FlarmNet data.

George

Old March 30th 15, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Reinholt

Indeed it is still not working right. Sigh!!
Ramy

I uploaded the current .bfn file this morning and it worked nicely. The pilot name is gone as discussed, but the rest of the information is displayed as it used to be. My Butterfly display saw gliders running both the 3.3 and 3.4 version firmware.

Flarmnet is now back to regional files instead of the prior world file.

FlarmNet files for Butterfly Displays (Version: 00303b):
Files for Butterfly Display firmware version = 3.4. Please make sure to install the latest firmware for your Butterfly Display:
Data for North America and South America
Data for Asia, Australia and Oceania
Data for Europe and Africa

Right click on the desired file and 'save target as..' to download a file.
Old March 30th 15, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Indeed I got confirmation from flarmnet that they found the issue was happening only when updating via powerflatm and it should be fixed now and divided to regions again. I didn't get a chance to confirm this myself yet.

Ramy

PF Portable and Flarmnet Andy[_1_] Soaring 0 October 5th 12 02:55 PM
FlarmNet Brad[_2_] Soaring 6 August 26th 12 06:35 PM
Last Call -- Pool Party Tomorrow; HOPS party on Wednesday in OSH Jay Honeck[_2_] Owning 4 August 7th 08 09:42 PM
Last Call -- Pool Party Tomorrow; HOPS party on Wednesday in OSH Jay Honeck[_2_] Piloting 3 August 5th 08 01:16 AM
Last Call -- Pool Party Tomorrow; HOPS party on Wednesday in OSH Jay Honeck[_2_] Home Built 3 August 5th 08 01:16 AM