FAI Sailplane Grand Prix USA 2017 - Orlando - March 19-25

Old January 20th 17, 11:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default FAI Sailplane Grand Prix USA 2017 - Orlando - March 19-25

Up to 11 pilots (20 max)
Old February 6th 17, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Our friend Uli Schwenk (Germany, Jaxidia Covers) is in search of an 18m ship to fly in the upcoming SGP Orlando (end of March). I hope that one of the Sr's would be able to leave their glider in Seminole for an extra couple weeks. Logistically this is fairly painless. I can arrange driving the glider home for you for example.

We would really love all to see the USA accommodate more of the foreign pilots trying to find gliders in order compete in the SGP Orlando. So far, this has been a bit of a challenge. We could use up to 4 more ships. So far, we have only been able to accommodate one foreign pilot dispite 3 serious queries :-(.

Please contact me ASAP if you are interested in renting/trading/loaning your ship to Uli. We don't have much time left for our foreign guests to plan and arrange travel, etc. When I hear from you (huge thanks in advance), I'll immediately put you in contact with Uli to discuss details and will (of course) help coordinate any post contest delivery in order to get your glider back home.

Sincerely,

Sean Fidler
smfidler A T gmail dot. c om
7T
Old February 6th 17, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

From Uli in regards to trade...

"What I could offer to have training / coaching flights together with me in the Eta for the owner or his fellows of a 18 m ship.

We would fly from Münsingen, south of Stuttgart a region, where we could reach the European Alps and our beautiful countryside.

I am happy with all kind of competitive glider in 18 m class."
Old February 6th 17, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 5:16:00 PM UTC+3, Sean Fidler wrote:
[...]

My photo of Uli in 2006, sharing war stories with Graham Parker after they both had bad days. Uli got stuck on the wrong side of the main divide and landed out (without damage) on a 4ED wheeltrack on the rocky bed of the Landsborough river.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/56/110...ce9a0751_o.jpg
Old February 6th 17, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

What a great picture!
Old February 9th 17, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 6:27:16 AM UTC-5, Sean Fidler wrote:
Up to 11 pilots (20 max)

up to 12 pilots (20 max)
Old February 21st 17, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Fellow soaring pilots and SGP fans,

Official FAI SGP USA Orlando event gear is now available.

Check it out he https://www.dropbox.com/s/qms9vxbbgq...20USA.pdf?dl=0

SoaringXX (official FAI SGP apparel supplier) has done a great job selecting high quality, attractive apparel and designing the placement of the event logos. As you will see in the PDF above, the choices are excellent and we have a wide range of both men and women specific items to choose from.

So far, the SGP USA Orlando event participants have ordered nearly 50 items! We still have time to add to that order. If you are interested in making a purchase, please hurry. Shipping costs can be held to an absolute minimum if we are able to ship everything in one order/box.

Please contact me at smfidlergmail dot com with questions or to place your order. Pricing, sizing and details are all included in the PDF above. For reference, todays exchange rate on 1 Euro is roughly $1.0536 US Dollars.

Sincerely,

Sean
2017 FAI SGP USA manager