Ribbons?

Old February 15th 05, 03:00 AM
Noah Little

Jim wrote:
http://www.news.navy.mil/view_photos...e=0&sort_row=1

Ribbons on the dungaree uniform?

It's not a dungaree uniform.

Not to mention nearly three rows for a PO3, give me a break.

Why not? Could have been the result of a meritorious bust from PO1.
Give _us_ a break.
--
Noah
Old February 15th 05, 03:18 AM
niceguy

It's not a dungaree uniform. It's the "service blue" uniform.
As for the ribbons, why not?

Old February 15th 05, 03:37 AM
Jim

Default Ribbons?

Old February 15th 05, 04:52 AM
Jim Carriere

Noah Little wrote:

Jim wrote:

http://www.news.navy.mil/view_photos...e=0&sort_row=1

Ribbons on the dungaree uniform?

It's not a dungaree uniform.

Not to mention nearly three rows for a PO3, give me a break.

Why not? Could have been the result of a meritorious bust from PO1.
Give _us_ a break.

A lot of them are unit awards or service ribbons/medals. Only the
NAM and Good Conduct (automatic, really) are individual awards.

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/...y_ribbons.html

Also, I believe the last two are reversed in order. Heheh, oops.

Old February 15th 05, 04:11 PM
vzlion

I've been out of the Navy to long. That was a dungaree uniform when I
wore it. Without the ribbons.

Walt

Old February 15th 05, 04:24 PM
Ogden Johnson III

Jim Carriere wrote:

Noah Little wrote:

Jim wrote:

http://www.news.navy.mil/view_photos...e=0&sort_row=1

Ribbons on the dungaree uniform?

It's not a dungaree uniform.

Not to mention nearly three rows for a PO3, give me a break.

Why not? Could have been the result of a meritorious bust from PO1.
Give _us_ a break.

A lot of them are unit awards or service ribbons/medals. Only the
NAM and Good Conduct (automatic, really) are individual awards.

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/...y_ribbons.html

Also, I believe the last two are reversed in order. Heheh, oops.

Penny-wise, pound-foolish on the part of all too many military
personnel. Always got those PX/mail-order ribbon sets, about
four of them [one for inspections, three for "daily" wear when
ribbons were specified for uniform of the day]. which would
usually last until my next GCM award. Make sure they're correct
when received [and make the PX/mail order folks replace them if
they aren't] and you never have to worry about eagle-eyes like
Jim Carriere winkling your deficiencies out. ;-

[OK, times like now, mebbe just two sets, one inspection, one
daily, since there's more chance of you/your unit doing something
heroic to rate a new award, or you doing something dumb and
earning the "I forgot to duck" one. {"Now what was it the Gunny
said? Always cut the blue wire? Or was it the red one?" ;-}]
--
OJ III
Old February 16th 05, 03:39 AM
Jim

vzlion wrote:
I've been out of the Navy to long. That was a dungaree uniform when I
wore it. Without the ribbons.

My point exactly. It looks like a dungaree shirt with whatever trousers
may have been matched to it. Not exactly a sharp image overall.

My days included the undress blues as working uniform of the day. They
were both sharp and practical.
Old February 18th 05, 03:32 AM

Jim Carriere wrote:
Noah Little wrote:

Jim wrote:

http://www.news.navy.mil/view_photos...e=0&sort_row=1

Ribbons on the dungaree uniform?

It's not a dungaree uniform.

Not to mention nearly three rows for a PO3, give me a break.

Why not? Could have been the result of a meritorious bust from PO1.
Give _us_ a break.

A lot of them are unit awards or service ribbons/medals. Only the NAM
and Good Conduct (automatic, really) are individual awards.

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/...y_ribbons.html

Also, I believe the last two are reversed in order. Heheh, oops.

as one who's first naval good conduct medal was not earned until almost
eight years of service were completed: it's hardly automatic......