Lord Engine Mounts

Old December 11th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DonMorrisey

Default Lord Engine Mounts

Hope someone can guide me in the right direction on this. My engine
mount is a dynafocal for a Lycoming O-235 L2C and my project is an
experimental BushCaddy R-120. I have been looking to purchase the
rubber engine mounts. The various places I have looked, list two
different model number mounts for the same engine. For instance a
Grumman with an O-235 L2C may take a Lord Mount number J-7402-24. A
Piper with an O-235 L2C may take a Lord Mount number J-7402-16. And
there is a $30 price difference between the two. How would I know
which one I should get? Does anybody know what the significance of the
24 and the 16 in the model numbers denotes? Any rules of thumb I
should be following here??

Thanks for the help. Don....

Old December 11th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

"DonMorrisey" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hope someone can guide me in the right direction on this. My engine
mount is a dynafocal for a Lycoming O-235 L2C and my project is an
experimental BushCaddy R-120. I have been looking to purchase the
rubber engine mounts. The various places I have looked, list two
different model number mounts for the same engine. For instance a
Grumman with an O-235 L2C may take a Lord Mount number J-7402-24. A
Piper with an O-235 L2C may take a Lord Mount number J-7402-16. And
there is a $30 price difference between the two. How would I know
which one I should get? Does anybody know what the significance of the
24 and the 16 in the model numbers denotes? Any rules of thumb I
should be following here??

Thanks for the help. Don....

Complete WAG but I'd the difference is bolt length.

Old December 16th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DonMorrisey

Well I ended up finding the answer to this question. The determining
factor in the size/type of Lord Mount you use has very little to do
with the engine of choice as many different rubber mounts can be used
for the same size engine. It all comes down to the width of the "cup"
on your dynafocal ring. For instance the ring that is being used to
make the mount for my O-235 L2C has cups/attachment points that are
2.75" wide. These take Lord Mount # J-7402-5 and they sell at Aircraft
Spruce for $239 for the set of four. I haven't checked pricing
elsewhere yet.

Don.

Centurion FAQ with kibbitzing Bret Ludwig Home Built 0 November 12th 05 10:39 PM
Gyrocopter Speed Mark Rotorcraft 36 August 16th 05 11:28 PM
ROP masking of engine problems Roger Long Owning 4 September 27th 04 07:36 PM
What if the germans... Charles Gray Military Aviation 119 January 26th 04 11:20 PM
Corky's engine choice Corky Scott Home Built 39 August 8th 03 04:29 AM