Knee Jerks

Old February 14th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Knee Jerks

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
So, you are saying that all the pilots that had a crash are bad pilots?

How about this: Can one be a bad pilot who has never crashed?

Sure, we call them lucky.

Sometimes we call them "students". G Thankfully, God grants a special
dispensation for the young and inexperienced... most of the time.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old February 14th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("ET" wrote)
[snips]
So we should not discuss this??? I'm a student pilot, but I find the
speculation, discussion of accidents very productive...

As far as I'm concerned, speculate away! (with reasonable respect....)

I agree with ET.

Montblack

Old February 14th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
by "Dave Stadt" Feb 14, 2006 at 03:29 PM

Which is why multiple death traffic accidents seldom get a mention. An
event that occurs over 40,000 times a year is not news.

Multiple death traffic accidents seldom get mention?? There are ALWAYS
stories about fatal car accidents in every non-national paper I read.

Of
course the NY Times won't report on a fatal car accident in Detroit,

but
the Detroit press certainly will.

Thanks, you supported my point.

Really? OK.

I'm not sure how you figure that, when you state "Which is why multiple
death traffic accidents seldom get a mention."

How many multiple death accidents don't get a mention? Can you name one?

If they didn't get a mention, how do you know they occurred? How many
have you witnessed (or heard of firsthand) that have not been reported in
the media (because that is what it would require for you to know that such
accidents aren't reported)?

Sigh. Call me anti GA, call me a skylune, whatever, but there ARE huge
problems in GA and once again there is complete and utter denial, or
blaming it on unrelated third parties such as the press. Some pilots are
the industry's (sport's?) worst enemies, not your's truly.

Skylune out (this discussion is elevating my blood pressure...)

Auto accidents, unless they are particularly spectacular, in some way
unique, or it just a real slow news day don't make TV news in a major
market. Sure they get mentioned in the newspaper everything gets mentioned
in the newspaper.

On the other hand the slightest aircraft incident even if a fatality is not
involved gets coverage because they are a rare happening and involve
something that "Joe Six-Pack" already has a fear of even though they don't
come into contact with them.

For you to not understand this dynamic proves one or more of the following.

A. A complete failure to understand what makes news.

B. A somewhat psychotic phobia of GA aircraft probably because you got
scared when you took a discovery ride.

C. You understand it completely and you are just an asshole who, likes to
come into this group and stir **** up and are enough of an asshole that you
are even willing to use another persons death as a further excuse to do so.

I think it's C, with a little A & B mixed in.

Old February 14th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

ET wrote:

So we should not discuss this??? I'm a student pilot, but I find the
speculation, discussion of accidents very productive...

I see lots of value reviewing accidents, as I do via the NTSB database
and local FAA safety seminars.

I don't see any value in speculation.
Old February 14th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

(Skylune" wrote)
Skylune out (this discussion is elevating my blood pressure...)

That might be a medical condition worth looking into.

Have you considered Sport Pilot?

Montblack
Old February 14th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

by "Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net Feb 14, 2006 at 10:16 AM

First you say:
"Which is why multiple death traffic accidents seldom get a mention."

Then, when I push you on this point, you say:
"Sure they get mentioned in the newspaper everything gets mentioned in the
newspaper."

And next, the ad hominem attack in which you "prove one or more of the
following."

A. A complete failure to understand what makes news.

B. A somewhat psychotic phobia of GA aircraft probably because you got
scared when you took a discovery ride.

C. You understand it completely and you are just an asshole who, likes to

come into this group and stir **** up and are enough of an asshole that
you
are even willing to use another persons death as a further excuse to do
so.

I think it's C, with a little A & B mixed in."

I may be an asshole, but you are garden variety dumb.

Skylune over and out.

Old February 14th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Montblack" wrote in message
(Skylune" wrote)
Skylune out (this discussion is elevating my blood pressure...)

That might be a medical condition worth looking into.

Have you considered Sport Pilot?

Montblack

He doesn't have the ability to pass the check ride.

Old February 14th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("G Farris" wrote)
You argument betrays a lack of experience, or humility, or both. I am not
a religious person, but I would recommend to you the book of Ecclesiastes:

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor
the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to
men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance
happeneth to them all.

http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/16135
Turn Turn Turn - Pete Seeger

Montblack

Old February 14th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hey bitch, you completely changed what I wrote. I never wrote, "Which is why
multiple death traffic accidents seldom get a mention." I wrote...

Auto accidents, unless they are particularly spectacular, in some way
unique, or it just a real slow news day don't make TV news in a major
market. Sure they get mentioned in the newspaper everything gets mentioned
in the newspaper.

So take your lying little ass and go **** yourself.

lkaboutaviation.com...

Old February 14th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

by "Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net Feb 14, 2006 at 10:51 AM

Hey bitch, you completely changed what I wrote. I never wrote, "Which is
why
multiple death traffic accidents seldom get a mention." I wrote...

Yeah, F-me... Someone else made the original statement. I got aggravated
and made a mistake. Sorry.

Over and out for real this time.