question for RNA folks

Old November 18th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
O'Neil

Default question for RNA folks

About 10 yrs ago, the late Martin Caidin had
written a book called "Ghosts Of The Air". It
was a compilation of interviews he conducted
with military and civilian aviators.

The topic of conversation in those interviews,
were unexplained 'supernatural', or otherwise
outright 'paranormal' experiences these military
pilots & civilian aviators had witnessed in the
course of their careers.

An old B-29 bomber during WW-II returning to
an airfield in London, all shot up, with no crew
onboard.

A lone pilot heading home hearing a voice next
to him telling him to turn (to avoid impact with
a mountain). He knew the voice was of his father,
who had died several hours earlier unknown to
him

etc, etc.

Just wondering if any of the folks here have had
similar - 'unexplained' experiences.

Back when the book was published, the internet
did not exist as we know it now. Mr Caidin was
very meticulous in his research both for the book,
and verifying the integrity/credibility of the
pilots who he interviewed (ie. retired and active
duty fighter pilots, commercial airline pilots,
etc).

maybe we can get some interesting stories here.

Old November 18th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Steven P. McNicoll

"O'Neil" wrote in message
. ..

About 10 yrs ago, the late Martin Caidin had
written a book called "Ghosts Of The Air". It
was a compilation of interviews he conducted
with military and civilian aviators.

The topic of conversation in those interviews,
were unexplained 'supernatural', or otherwise
outright 'paranormal' experiences these military
pilots & civilian aviators had witnessed in the
course of their careers.

An old B-29 bomber during WW-II returning to
an airfield in London, all shot up, with no crew
onboard.

That one's REALLY strange.

Old November 18th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Tex Houston

"O'Neil" wrote in message
. ..

An old B-29 bomber during WW-II returning to
an airfield in London, all shot up, with no crew
onboard.

Back when the book was published, the internet
did not exist as we know it now. Mr Caidin was
very meticulous in his research both for the book,
and verifying the integrity/credibility of the
pilots who he interviewed (ie. retired and active
duty fighter pilots, commercial airline pilots,
etc).

maybe we can get some interesting stories here.

Maybe you can explain how the B-29 got shot up when it did not fly combat
missions in Europe.

Curious minds want to know.

Regards,

Tex

Old November 18th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Andrew Venor

O'Neil wrote:

About 10 yrs ago, the late Martin Caidin had
written a book called "Ghosts Of The Air". It
was a compilation of interviews he conducted
with military and civilian aviators.

The topic of conversation in those interviews,
were unexplained 'supernatural', or otherwise
outright 'paranormal' experiences these military
pilots & civilian aviators had witnessed in the
course of their careers.

An old B-29 bomber during WW-II returning to
an airfield in London, all shot up, with no crew
onboard.

The B-29 did not fly combat in the European theater in WW II. That
alone probably says something about the authors meticulous research.

ALV

Old November 18th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
O'Neil

"Tex Houston" wrote in message
.. .

"O'Neil" wrote in message
. ..

An old B-29 bomber during WW-II returning to
an airfield in London, all shot up, with no crew
onboard.

Back when the book was published, the internet
did not exist as we know it now. Mr Caidin was
very meticulous in his research both for the book,
and verifying the integrity/credibility of the
pilots who he interviewed (ie. retired and active
duty fighter pilots, commercial airline pilots,
etc).

maybe we can get some interesting stories here.

Maybe you can explain how the B-29 got shot up when it did not fly combat
missions in Europe.

Curious minds want to know.

Regards,

Tex

That was probably my mistake in recollection, from
reading the book quite awhile ago. My apologies.

All the events in the WW-II theater are a bit before
my time. I'm only a 36 year old corporate (Part 91)
pilot.

From what I understand, Martin Caidin was himself
a military pilot and also the author of several
novels (including "Cyborg" - on which the 70's tv
series "The Six Million Dollar Man" was based on).

The aircraft in question, was 'some bomber' that many
witnesses (other aircrews) observed land (and when
they approached it, there was no crew aboard).

Nothing to see here ...move along folks. Montblack Home Built 0 December 30th 06 01:41 AM
Question for LS-1f folks... Gary Emerson Soaring 0 October 22nd 06 01:59 PM
We're getting old, folks... Jay Honeck Piloting 163 January 12th 06 02:41 AM
Hello folks........ S. Piloting 14 March 12th 05 11:18 PM
Thanks for your help, folks! Jay Honeck Piloting 2 July 16th 03 05:32 PM