zooms SnF mini rant

Old March 28th 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default zooms SnF mini rant

Here's zooms annual Sun n Fun rant.Tho not as raging as in previous years. This
was posted in ANN 03/28/06

quote "Expect coverage from
Editor-in-Chief Jim Campbell, as well. Just because he's been
(illegally) banned from the Sun 'n Fun grounds in an apparent
attempt to muzzle his coverage of safety and other issues, doesn't
mean that he won't be intimately involved with the show's goings-on
(even though this nonsense has gotten so out of control that
Sun 'n Fun won't even let him cross to the FAA building - in
apparent violation of Federal Law!). Jim's a better test and
evaluation pilot than any other publication has [as we've been told
by experts], and he'll be wringing information out of a number of
ships, just outside of the DMZ that surrounds Lakeland. " unquote

I love the part where jim says "jims a better test and evaluation pilot than any
other publication has (as we've been told by experts)"

What experts?? LOL!! Lets see a list. zooms never recieved any writing awards as
his peers have. If he's so good why doesn't he have a single award for his
expert flight test evaluations? What a phony? a hero in his own mind. LOL

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

"you can pull the sheep over some peoples wool,but you can't catch a canary with
greasy hands" anon

Old March 28th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

I remember the rant where he saw himself as the last pilot in the USA,
getting into his composite stealth aircraft with the ceramic engine.
etc., for his final suicide flight... Talk about schizophreniform
ideation with delusions, jeez...

denny

Old March 29th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

All these years that Sun-N-Fun has been illegally keeping him from the
event and the grounds but he hasn't been able to do anything about it?
Could that be possible or could it be possible that they do indeed have
the legal right to tell him from entering private property.

It hasn't stopped him from using the event to continue and serve
lawsuits against some of his former advertisers. I can't help but
wonder which of them will get served this year.

Old March 29th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default zooms SnF mini rantZZZZZ

Actually, I hear he's going to be testing a new aircraft shortly. His
nose has finally gotten long enough that they can slap a propeller on
it and he can take himself for a test spin.

I suggest that we find someone to Christen him by breaking a bottle of
Champagne on his head...

....then we can invite the FAA over, tell them "Look who's about to go
flying..." and invite them to take a whiff.

Oh! The humanity!

Old March 30th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Just read his latest rant and all I could do was laugh at the stupidity
of it all. I can just see the police being taken to the hospital
emergency room doubled over in pain from laughing their asses off. Gee
officer, this guy taped a letter on my door and it scared the crap out
of me, defaced my property, and I want to press charges. What a rant!

Old March 30th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

BobR wrote:
Just read his latest rant and all I could do was laugh at the stupidity
of it all. I can just see the police being taken to the hospital
emergency room doubled over in pain from laughing their asses off. Gee
officer, this guy taped a letter on my door and it scared the crap out
of me, defaced my property, and I want to press charges. What a rant!

The thing to do is have a few people with still and video cameras
follow zoom from the moment he arrives in the vicinity until he leaves.
A short documentary can then be pieced together with the appropriate
soundtrack: crying babies.

I dunno if it would sell, but I'd like a copy.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old March 30th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

In article . com, BobR says...

Just read his latest rant and all I could do was laugh at the stupidity
of it all. I can just see the police being taken to the hospital
emergency room doubled over in pain from laughing their asses off. Gee
officer, this guy taped a letter on my door and it scared the crap out
of me, defaced my property, and I want to press charges. What a rant!

One would have thought that SnF blew open his door with C4, rolled in a grenade
and shot all the wounded.I bet the cops had a hard time keeping a straight face
while he was describing these criminal acts.Must have been some really good tape
to peel paint like that and the trauma ,OH THE TRAUMA of it all.What an ordeal
....for the cops LOL!!!

Chuck S

Old March 30th 06, 06:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"Dan" wrote \\

The thing to do is have a few people with still and video cameras
follow zoom from the moment he arrives in the vicinity until he leaves.
A short documentary can then be pieced together with the appropriate
soundtrack: crying babies.

I dunno if it would sell, but I'd like a copy.

His paranoid filled reaction to being followed and filmed would be worth the
price of admission, in itself! ROFLMAO!
--
Jim in NC

Old April 10th 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

When I was Zoomed by phone, the issue of his credibility as a test pilot
was one topic. I told him that while he might consider himself a
test pilot, a roomful of test pilots would not.

If you consistently find yourself on the wrong side of a consensus, it
might be you.

-------------

Old April 10th 06, 09:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

What surprises me is that the Rocket Racing League is so desperate to
give him credibility, they have gone as far as to indicate in his bio
that he tested something like 1100 aircraft since the age of thirteen
and gave evaluations on them. I questioned who cares what a thirteen
year old's evaluation of an aircraft is three years before it's legal
for him to have a license?

Now, Jim's bio is removed from the Rocket Racing League site, as I
believe soon, so will Jimbo the Rocket Clown be removed.

If these people are looking for credibility, they won't gain it by
having the likes of Jim Campbell with them, and for that matter, Mike
Houghton of the Reno Air Racing Association. He has all but killed the
races, which he publicly stated last year will be around for eight more
years, though estimates are less than five. Houghton and his crew sold
the land to the Airport Authority of Washoe County, and the latter
wants to build an industrial warehousing and manufacturing site on the
racecourse lands. Houghton was a member of the AAWC at the time, so it
equates to land fraud and local FAA bimbos are acting as consultants on
the deal.

In the meantime, RARA and RRL have announced they'll be holding RRL
events at Stead, and Jimbo ~ according to Jimbo ~ is also going to be
flying in the Sport Class beyond the RRL.

Has anybody checked this guy's Flight Physical as of late? Has anyone
checked his Pilot's license? In fact, has anyone checked Jimbo's meds?
Or Jimbo for a relapse?

Truth be told, Jimbo never got well and he's still out there playing
Captain Zoom. Hopefully, the next time he catches something in his
teeth, it will still be an ultra-light and not the leading edge slats
on a Boeing 747, ala PSA in San Diego...

Forget Captain Zoom...Jimbo the Rocket Clown is Captain "Doom" for
sure...only a matter of time, since the FAA continues to sit with its
thumb up one of its A's and allows this clown access to aircraft and
airfields.

And he still waltzes around playing journalist and acting God in real
Aviators' lives, though he has no Journalistic ethics. He won't pursue
stories critical of his "friends" and he'll stab others in the back if
it's to his greedy benefit, including individuals with good cases and
Journalists seeking his help to help others.

Sun N' Fun is correct in banning him from all grounds. He's a
nuissance lawsuit just waiting to happen, and the best way to avoid
that lawsuit is to not let him in. He's a clear danger to himself and
others, including Law Enforcement, Sun N' Fun Staff, Pilots, Vendors,
Press, and the Public. This is NOT the type of individual you want to
allow anywhere near your aircraft.

My two cents...

Mark S. "Bear" Daniels
Publisher