WMD found in Colorado

Old July 26th 03, 05:37 AM
S. Sampson

Default WMD found in Colorado

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/07/25/nu....ap/index.html

President "Bush has said weapons of mass destruction are horrible
and I agree," she said. "We haven't found any in Iraq, but we sure have
lot of them here."

Old July 26th 03, 04:13 PM
Ed Rasimus

"S. Sampson" wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/07/25/nu....ap/index.html

President "Bush has said weapons of mass destruction are horrible
and I agree," she said. "We haven't found any in Iraq, but we sure have
lot of them here."

The good sisters have been convicted and now sentenced. They knew what
they were doing was illegal and they went ahead with pre-meditation.
They've been doing it for years.

Somehow, they seem to ignore the years of the Cold War threat and the
resulting success of nuclear deterrence in defeating the Soviets and
leading to the demise of Communism. I'm sure the good sisters are
convinced as well that Sadaam was simply misunderstood and all those
bodies found in the mass graves in Irag died of the sniffles and were
buried together for social purposes.

I've got no sympathy. In fact, I'd like to turn the key on the foolish
old ladies.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (ret)
***"When Thunder Rolled:
*** An F-105 Pilot Over N. Vietnam"
*** from Smithsonian Books
ISBN: 1588341038
Old July 26th 03, 05:44 PM
S. Sampson

"Ed Rasimus" wrote

I've got no sympathy. In fact, I'd like to turn the key on the foolish
old ladies.

Those "ladies" have never paid taxes in their life. Now they want to get
free room and board so they can read their Bible and get 3 meals a day.

I would take them to a hard-labor prison and make them do manual labor.
Maybe build/paint fences around missile silos :-)

Old July 26th 03, 06:29 PM
Ed Rasimus

"S. Sampson" wrote:

"Ed Rasimus" wrote

I've got no sympathy. In fact, I'd like to turn the key on the foolish
old ladies.

Those "ladies" have never paid taxes in their life. Now they want to get
free room and board so they can read their Bible and get 3 meals a day.

I would take them to a hard-labor prison and make them do manual labor.
Maybe build/paint fences around missile silos :-)

I knew right away that I liked you.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (ret)
***"When Thunder Rolled:
*** An F-105 Pilot Over N. Vietnam"
*** from Smithsonian Books
ISBN: 1588341038
Old July 27th 03, 01:44 PM
BUFDRVR

I've got no sympathy. In fact, I'd like to turn the key on the foolish
old ladies.

Same women and a guy (who was called a priest in the media) tried their blood
and hammer thing on a BUFF at the Andrews AFB Open House back in '99. The crew
member who alerted the SP's probably saved one of the women some agonizing pain
as she was beating on the external fuel tank "drain valve" (not really a rain
valve as such, but a rubber plug that can, and has, dumped fuel on unsuspecting
airshow particpants before) while standing under it.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old July 28th 03, 08:13 AM
John Keeney

BUFDRVR wrote in message
I've got no sympathy. In fact, I'd like to turn the key on the foolish
old ladies.

Same women and a guy (who was called a priest in the media) tried their

blood
and hammer thing on a BUFF at the Andrews AFB Open House back in '99. The

crew
member who alerted the SP's probably saved one of the women some agonizing

pain
as she was beating on the external fuel tank "drain valve" (not really a

rain
valve as such, but a rubber plug that can, and has, dumped fuel on

unsuspecting
airshow particpants before) while standing under it.

You know what they say, "no good deed goes unpunished."

Old July 28th 03, 06:13 PM
José Herculano

Same women and a guy (who was called a priest in the media) tried their
blood
and hammer thing on a BUFF at the Andrews AFB Open House back in '99. The

crew

Well, at least while they were at it they were not indulging in their other,
very much in the news lately, "hobby". =)
_____________
José Herculano

Old July 30th 03, 09:18 PM
Glenn P.

The good sisters have been convicted and now sentenced. They knew what
they were doing was illegal and they went ahead with pre-meditation.
They've been doing it for years.

The very point of of these protests IS to be arrested and sentenced.
The actual act of attacking military objects is symbolic, as they know
they couldn't, by these measly activities, change the role bombs and
airplanes play in the world today. The fact that they're engaging in a
debate that they know they can't win (in the courts or in general public
opinion) demonstrates the strength of their beliefs, whether others
agree with them or not. I think the beliefs are kooky, but their
actions in support of their beliefs are well thought through.

Somehow, they seem to ignore the years of the Cold War threat and the
resulting success of nuclear deterrence in defeating the Soviets and
leading to the demise of Communism.

Yeah, they do ignore some very valid points, but I think you're missing
one too. If you look at various plans for military expansion over the
last several decades, attempts are repeatedly made to "regularize"
nukes; to make having, testing, and using them become so common that
nobody questions it. Why hasn't this happened? I think it's in great
part because of nuns, and hippies, and other groups which virtually
nobody agrees with. They form one distant end of a spectrum of opinions
which, when taken together, form public opinion as a whole. Public
opinion, and how our military and political figures work and deal with
it, form our national image, and influences the strategic picture of the
entire world. Their dissent defines us to a small degree, and I welcome
it in the face of pervasive public apathy.

I'm sure the good sisters are
convinced as well that Sadaam was simply misunderstood and all those
bodies found in the mass graves in Irag died of the sniffles and were
buried together for social purposes.

Mmm hmm.

I've got no sympathy. In fact, I'd like to turn the key on the foolish
old ladies.

I certainly have no problem with them being locked up, but I'm glad
there are people who are willing to look stupid to demonstrate their
beliefs. I'm also glad there are people like you to fly the jets and
write the books, but that's another topic.

Glenn

Old July 31st 03, 01:58 AM
Stephen Harding

Ed Rasimus wrote:

Yeah, they do ignore some very valid points, but I think you're missing
one too. If you look at various plans for military expansion over the
last several decades, attempts are repeatedly made to "regularize"
nukes; to make having, testing, and using them become so common that
nobody questions it.

Not to wave paper, but as someone with a degree in International
Relations (education coupled with operational experience lends a
modicum of credibility), I've never heard of "regularizing" nukes. The
nuclear club has been, so far, quite exclusive. The non-proliferation
of nukes has been the goal of club members for the entire period. More
members is destabilizing. Your basic statement as a premise for
further discussion is flawed.

Although it's a risky premise, I wonder if possession of nuclear weapons
(by a state as opposed to private whackos) forces a degree of care in
decision making that might not otherwise be there? Would the world be a
more peaceful place if *everyone* had nukes???

I still think the only reason WWIII never happened is because of the
possession of these weapons. I don't think there has ever been a period
in recorded history where two rival camps, armed to the teeth, with no
common ground or reason to get along, in intense competition with each
other over the entire world, never actually went to war against one
another.

Yes Korea, Vietnam and Afghanistan and a host of coup locations and alliances
represented a de facto war, but never really directly. Really unusual I'd
say, and due certainly to the fact that both understood all too well what
MAD meant!

Would that sort of "responsibility" be instilled in Pakistan and India now
that they are club members? Would it show up in N. Korea if the South goes
nuke too? Would nuclear weaponry restrain Iraq and Iran?

Don't really know, and the fact that all "terrible weapons" of the world
have eventually been used and become "accepted" in their use doesn't bode
well for the idea that universal nuclear club membership might be a good
thing for the world.

It's a little bit on the whacky side of my normal thinking process, but
I've been wondering about this quite a bit with the WMD talk in Iraq, and
the NK and Iran development programs, and India and Pakistan "on the brink"
a while ago. Does one dare think that everyone having a nuke would make
for a safer world (assuming a clear policy of MAD)???

SMH
Old July 31st 03, 04:12 PM
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 21:16:09 GMT, Ed Rasimus
wrote in Message-Id: :

We've got a First Amendment right in this country to protest policy,
but it involves discussion, presentation of alternatives, concensus
building, compromise and political process. It doesn't support
law-breaking, regardless of the morality of your cause.

Isn't there a law on the books that permits a citizen to act in
opposition to his government if said government is engaging in immoral
activity as the Nazi's did?

--

Irrational beliefs ultimately lead to irrational acts.
-- Larry Dighera,