How much fuel do you prefer to carry?

Old August 22nd 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_5_]

Default How much fuel do you prefer to carry?

Mxsmanic wrote:
Robert M. Gary writes:

But you certainly can have too much fuel.

You can't have too much fuel, but you can be overweight.

That's a ridiculous statement. I'm not going to bother explaining why.
Old August 22nd 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
Robert M. Gary writes:

But you certainly can have too much fuel.

You can't have too much fuel, but you can be overweight.

Q. What could make one overweight?

A. Too much fuel.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old August 22nd 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Aug 22, 10:18*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
Robert M. Gary writes:
But you certainly can have too much fuel.

You can't have too much fuel, but you can be overweight.

That's true. You can have as much weightless fuel as you would like to
carry.

-Robert
Old August 22nd 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob F.[_2_]

Robert M. Gary writes:
But you certainly can have too much fuel.

You can't have too much fuel, but you can be overweight.

That's true. You can have as much weightless fuel as you would like to
carry.

-Robert

Like hydrogen?
--
Regards, BobF.

Old August 22nd 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

He's also go the longest lineage of pulling morons like you around by
their dicks in Usenet history. Isn't it fun to be a part of Imbecilics
Hall of ****ing Fame

Amazing, isn't it?

You would think that pilots would have well above average intelligence.

You would further think that they have good enough judgment to let imbeciles
prattle in silence.

I guess the need to weigh in, and prove their intelligence trumps good
judgment.
--
Jim in NC

Old August 23rd 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Morgans writes:

You would think that pilots would have well above average intelligence.

Why? Flying isn't that difficult. Pilots may tend to be more intelligent
than average, since that is generally true of anyone exercising a skilled
activity. Even high-school graduates are marginally above average in
intelligence. However, there's no reason to believe that pilots are "well
above average."

You would further think that they have good enough judgment to let imbeciles
prattle in silence.

If that were true, there wouldn't be crashes every day.

I guess the need to weigh in, and prove their intelligence trumps good
judgment.

The need to weigh in does not prove intelligence.
Old August 23rd 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Aug 22, 6:05*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
Q. What could make one overweight?

A. Too much fuel.

I don't know of any aircraft that cannot remain within weight limitations with
a full load of fuel, if the payload is reduced sufficiently. *It wouldn't make
sense to design an aircraft that is overweight when empty with full fuel.

I can think of a reason. But I guess if you don't know about it, it
doesn't exist?
Old August 23rd 08, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Aug 23, 1:55 pm, wrote:

Then you obviously don't know much about real airplanes.

What payload would you leave behind, the pilot and all passengers?

Anthony.
That one was easy