Becker AR4201 'Hiss'

Old August 12th 13, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Becker AR4201 'Hiss'

Hi. I have a Becker AR4201 in my powered aircraft (sorry, I know this group is for glider pilots but I can see that there are some Becker radio experts on here)
When the intercom is switched on there is a 'hiss' in the headphones,engine running or not, but louder with the engine running. I am using Bose anr and Pelltor headsets. When I shield the mic (by putting it in my mouth)the 'hiss' disapears. Is this something to do with the mic setting - SF16 ? Or something else?
Old August 13th 13, 08:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

I'm thinking the AR4201 does have an intercom, but it's not of much practical use as it doesn't include a VOX circuit. In other words, when the intercom function is used, it's open mike time.

When the AR4201 is used in a single place it's no problem at all. When it's used in a two place, most just install a proper intercom.

bumper

Becker AR4201 VHF Transceiver for sale [email protected] Soaring 1 May 30th 13 03:29 AM
Becker AR4201 mic question Don[_4_] Soaring 5 October 9th 12 05:15 PM
BECKER AR4201 guts Soaring 1 April 23rd 12 08:50 PM
Becker AR4201 Low Voltage Warning Papa3[_2_] Soaring 4 February 9th 12 05:09 AM
VHF Becker AR4201 Philippe Home Built 2 July 9th 04 08:30 PM