Kestrel 19 info wanted.

Old April 24th 19, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
john firth

Default Kestrel 19 info wanted.

On Sunday, May 27, 2018 at 3:56:52 PM UTC-4, Glidingstuff wrote:
Hi all

Anybody got any links to a Kestrel 19 T59D owner group,pages etc?

I have obtained a broken one for a long term project and want to obtain any info that is available re parts, mods and drawings.

I remember from somewhere talk of a one piece canopy ala DG mod.

Any info much appreciated.

E-mail me at p_buchanan(at)rocketmail.com

Cheers

Paul

Not sure what was done on later models, but an independant wheel brake lever
(my mod) allowed full spoiler deployment; still indaequate!
JMF
Old April 24th 19, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

I think the Kestrel 17 was measured at 41.1 by the idafleig - so 44.1
for the 19 is maybe about right - the 301 was I think measured at 39.1-
maybe more- the production 19's had 0.5m added at the root and 0.5m
at the tip. Manufacturers can claim all sorts of performance figures -
many are incorrect or 'theoretical' - surprised thought the idafleig
measured a js1c at 63:1. as Uys Jonkers recently stated in a video.

Old April 25th 19, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks, Frank, for wing weights. Kicking tyres on a ship for sale. I have a little bit of time in an 18m with cg hook so 19m with nose hook doesn't sound intimidating - but curious for input on unassisted launching vs. variables such as x-wind, unmowed turf, etc.

LS-3a Polar Info. Wanted. Eric Nielsen Soaring 4 January 21st 16 01:26 PM
Color scheme info wanted. Kees Mies Piloting 13 November 12th 04 02:46 PM
Wanted Info on Narco Com 810 [email protected] Owning 1 July 18th 04 12:20 PM
Discus Info Wanted Scott Soaring 0 March 9th 04 05:59 AM
Wanted info on Buttercup Charlie Restoration 0 November 20th 03 05:03 PM