PowerFLARM 2.60 beta available

Old October 30th 12, 10:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default PowerFLARM 2.60 beta available

Hi all,

Please see http://powerflarm.aero/index.php/en/...ge-and-support

and the PowerFLARM forum: http://flarm.invisionzone.com/index.php?showforum=6

The new release adds notably IGC format logging and obstacle warnings (database
for Alps available). Please see the release notes for details. Note that
we'll charge a fee for future obstacle database updates.

A note on PCAS range issues:
We did identify and fix a bug which caused low PCAS range, especially
on Brick devices. Testing showed that for a number of devices, the problem
is fixed in 2.60. However, we also have reports where the problem persists.
We still decided to release 2.60 because of the added features.

If your PCAS range problems persist after the 2.60 update, please be in
touch on support (at) flarm.com, ideally providing an IGC log of
your flight!

For any questions or feedback, please use the forum or the above support
email address!

Best regards
--Gerhard

--
Dr. Gerhard Wesp
Development Manager, Avionics
Old October 30th 12, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:03:02 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Thanks Gerhard and the FLARM team.

Craig
Old October 31st 12, 07:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Likewise, thanks Gerhard.

I note that in the 2.60 download and manual .pdf, you are referring to the "brick" as the "core". Guess the terms are interchangable.

best,

bumper
Old October 31st 12, 09:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Gerhard,

Thanks so much for the update. I flew with it on Sunday and my PCAS range when from .9nm to over 4 nm.

John
Old October 31st 12, 09:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I note that in the 2.60 download and manual .pdf, you are referring to the "brick" as the "core". Guess the terms are interchangable.

That's correct, yes. Consequence of a naming decision a bit late
in the development process...

Best
--Gerhard
Old November 1st 12, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Reitter

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:03:02 AM UTC-4, wrote:

on Brick devices. Testing showed that for a number of devices, the problem
is fixed in 2.60. However, we also have reports where the problem persists.

May I say that your responsiveness to the bug reports and your postings on this newsgroup make me much more likely to buy a PowerFlarm for the 2013 season.
(Still waiting for the logger!)

Smart renaming decision.

Old November 2nd 12, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Thursday, November 1, 2012 1:30:55 PM UTC-7, Karl Kunz wrote:
The logger on the portable is functional (I don't know about the brick) with the 2.60 update. See the read file that comes with the 2.6 upgrade file.

On Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:47:59 AM UTC-7, David Reitter wrote:

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:03:02 AM UTC-4, wrote:

on Brick devices. Testing showed that for a number of devices, the problem

is fixed in 2.60. However, we also have reports where the problem persists.

May I say that your responsiveness to the bug reports and your postings on this newsgroup make me much more likely to buy a PowerFlarm for the 2013 season.

(Still waiting for the logger!)

Smart renaming decision.

Logger also works on the Brick.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

PowerFLARM Brick and PowerFLARM Remote Display Manuals Available Paul Remde Soaring 30 May 25th 12 11:58 PM
Mixet B2B Marketplace Beta Giuelith Diamond Piloting 0 December 31st 10 02:06 AM
Gov Cup V2 Beta Deployed Ken Kochanski (KK) Soaring 0 July 21st 10 02:29 AM
Beta Prop Rob Fonhof Home Built 18 August 12th 05 03:24 AM
Looking for software beta testers. Greg Siemon Products 5 August 29th 03 12:34 AM