Time to change the air in your tires

Old March 20th 04, 12:18 AM
Rich S.

Default Time to change the air in your tires

(Shamelessly stolen & edited from the garden & lawn tractor forum)

Well spring is nearly upon us, and the oft-forgotten task of removing
the winter air from your airplane tires needs to be completed before the
temps hit 60. Last year I made the ghastly mistake of allowing my mechanic
to change my air, and darnit if he didn't put RV air in my beloved Emeraude.
The poor green baby shook and sputtered terribly, and had flat tires within
an hour. Luckily my rims were not ruined.
Remember to use caution when jacking up your planes, and do not be
fooled by cheap imitation spring air offers on ebay - you need genuine,
temperature and pollen tested spring air for successful homebuilt aircraft
use.

Happy Spring!

Rich S.

Old March 20th 04, 02:11 AM
Mike Patterson

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:18:39 -0800, "Rich S."
wrote:

(Shamelessly stolen & edited from the garden & lawn tractor forum)

Well spring is nearly upon us, and the oft-forgotten task of removing
the winter air from your airplane tires needs to be completed before the
temps hit 60. Last year I made the ghastly mistake of allowing my mechanic
to change my air, and darnit if he didn't put RV air in my beloved Emeraude.
The poor green baby shook and sputtered terribly, and had flat tires within
an hour. Luckily my rims were not ruined.
Remember to use caution when jacking up your planes, and do not be
fooled by cheap imitation spring air offers on ebay - you need genuine,
temperature and pollen tested spring air for successful homebuilt aircraft
use.

Happy Spring!

Rich S.

Rich, I think you're about 2 weeks early with this warning, beneficial
though it may be.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
Old March 20th 04, 02:28 AM
Rich S.

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
Rich, I think you're about 2 weeks early with this warning, beneficial
though it may be.

If you wait until the last minute, all of the good stuff will be gone and
you'll have to take that polluted Mexican imported air. It is supposed to be
80 degrees in Denver tomorrow!

Rich S.

Old March 21st 04, 02:39 AM
Mike Gaspard

"Rich S." wrote in message ...
(Shamelessly stolen & edited from the garden & lawn tractor forum)

Well spring is nearly upon us, and the oft-forgotten task of removing
the winter air from your airplane tires needs to be completed before the
temps hit 60. Last year I made the ghastly mistake of allowing my mechanic
to change my air, and darnit if he didn't put RV air in my beloved Emeraude.
The poor green baby shook and sputtered terribly, and had flat tires within
an hour. Luckily my rims were not ruined.
Remember to use caution when jacking up your planes, and do not be
fooled by cheap imitation spring air offers on ebay - you need genuine,
temperature and pollen tested spring air for successful homebuilt aircraft
use.

Happy Spring!

Rich S.

While you have your work clothes on and your tools out, you may as
well check your muffler bearings. Don't forget to look for a
misaligned carburetor belt too.

Mike
Old March 21st 04, 03:15 AM
Harry K

"Rich S." wrote in message ...
"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
Rich, I think you're about 2 weeks early with this warning, beneficial
though it may be.

If you wait until the last minute, all of the good stuff will be gone and
you'll have to take that polluted Mexican imported air. It is supposed to be
80 degrees in Denver tomorrow!

Rich S.

I did order mine early but the instuctions are less than complete.
Since spring air is warmer, do I increase or decrease my tire pressure
to compensate?

Harry K
Old March 21st 04, 04:03 AM
Jerry Springer

Mike Gaspard wrote:
"Rich S." wrote in message ...

[...]

could someone here please tell me where to buy some "prop wash"?

Jerry

Old March 21st 04, 04:48 AM
Rich S.

"Harry K" wrote in message
om...

I did order mine early but the instuctions are less than complete.
Since spring air is warmer, do I increase or decrease my tire pressure
to compensate?

Harry............

You may either consult a barometer or - since you're right there at the
airplane, your altimeter setting. Be sure to zero your pressure gauge to
compensate for the density altitude. If you have purchased the yuppie
(expensive) "Lite" spring air imported from Rocky Mountain High, refer to
the table on the back of the can. Believe me, the good stuff is worth the
premium as it really cuts down on the tire wear between the rim and the
bead. You'll enjoy the weight advantage, too.

Rich "Don't sniff the hose" S.

Old March 21st 04, 04:49 AM
Rich S.

"Jerry Springer" wrote in message
hlink.net...

could someone here please tell me where to buy some "prop wash"?

It's free in Oregon. Just fly around for a few minutes. )

Rich S.

Old March 21st 04, 06:22 AM
VideoGuy

"Rich S." wrote in message

Remember to use caution when jacking up your planes, and do not be
fooled by cheap imitation spring air offers on ebay - you need genuine,
temperature and pollen tested spring air for successful homebuilt aircraft
use.

Happy Spring!

Rich S.

I kinda jumped the gun, and bought a case of spring air last year.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to complete my plans and secure an aircraft; so
the air has remained in it's pristine state still in the unopened case.

I'm willing to offer this 'vintage', one-owner air at a price well below
what vinatge air is going for in this area. Remember, this is not some old,
recycled spring air that you see advertised on late-night TV. This is the
genuine product! Only once case available- so act fast.

Send your sealed bids to me at the Home for the Chronically Wrong before the
end of March. If it doesn't sell, I'm going to keep it in a safe place
until Fall, and then use it in my wagon wheels to keep them from sticking to
the cold ground. I've asked time and time again for heated sidewalks, but
nobody pays any attention to me.

Gary -Air head? Kasten