Spooky flights

Old February 6th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Spooky flights

On Feb 1, 8:32 pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
Unless you want to set up a picnic area, apparently.

No, that's not right, either. The reasons for the hassles setting up
a picnic area (at our airport, anyway) is that the FAA is VERY
paranoid about cities pulling a "Mayor Daley" on them, and claiming
that the airport is a "park".

Of course the historical FACT is that Northerly Island was built and
PAID FOR by the Park Board, i.e. all CHICAGO
TAXPAYERS.

Jeez, you guys can't quit your moaning and disinformation....JG ga'
day sir

Try a concert stage instead

Old February 6th 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"Jim M" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Feb 5, 10:20 am, "Matt Barrow" wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

oups.com... Again,
are you seriously positing that we have as much freedom today
as we had on 9-10-01? I guess all those people at the AOPA annual
meetings are all worked up for nothing?

All those people are worked up because Frederick, MD -- AOPA's home
base -- is right outside the ADIZ.

Seems both of you confuse "freedom" with "convenience".

No. Two tenets of the American justice system that have been trashed
for pilots since 9-11: 1) innocent until proven guilty

Get pulled over by a cop aith an APB on your vehicle and see how THAT goes
down.

and 2) the
right to examine evidence against you. These are hardly matters of
"convenience."

Restricting flight in a given area relates...how?

Old February 6th 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hey - this is cool - I finally got all of MX's posts blocked. I must
have been a good boy for the computer gods to finally smile on me.

Kindest regards,

James A. (Jim) Carter

Old February 7th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim M

On Feb 6, 9:20 am, "Matt Barrow" wrote:

Get pulled over by a cop aith an APB on your vehicle and see how THAT goes
down.

I've been the cop in that encounter, so I'm sure I have a different
perspective. But imagine the cop doesn't want to believe your story,
so you go to the magistrate. And the mag says "well, we have to
punish somebody, so it may as well be you."

and 2) the
right to examine evidence against you. These are hardly matters of
"convenience."

Restricting flight in a given area relates...how?

In the way it's being enforced. I'm not going to draw you a picture
anything, go right ahead. I'm done trying to teach pigs to sing.

Old February 7th 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"Jim M" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 6, 9:20 am, "Matt Barrow" wrote:

Get pulled over by a cop aith an APB on your vehicle and see how THAT
goes
down.

I've been the cop in that encounter, so I'm sure I have a different
perspective. But imagine the cop doesn't want to believe your story,
so you go to the magistrate. And the mag says "well, we have to
punish somebody, so it may as well be you."

Uh, huh!

and 2) the
right to examine evidence against you. These are hardly matters of
"convenience."

Restricting flight in a given area relates...how?

In the way it's being enforced. I'm not going to draw you a picture
anything, go right ahead. I'm done trying to teach pigs to sing.

And we're done trying to cure schizophrenia and paranoia.

Legality of a flight John Piloting 14 May 31st 06 12:22 AM
fuel subsidies for Angle Flight pilots sashley Piloting 17 September 11th 05 09:25 AM
Radio outage at ZLA grounds flights A Guy Called Tyketto Piloting 0 September 15th 04 05:56 AM
FAA to End part 91 Sightseeing flights? Vaughn Rotorcraft 7 November 2nd 03 01:20 AM
Ownership and passengers Roger Long Owning 30 October 11th 03 02:00 PM